Deadline: 30 April 2016
The Swiss Re Foundation is seeking proposals for its International ReSource Award 2016 to support social entrepreneurial initiatives addressing water-related challenges with new and innovative approaches.
The ReSource Award is focused on social entrepreneurial approaches applied to water-related social and/or ecological issues.
Award Information: In addition to the USD 20 000 received while a finalist, the winner will be further supported financially (to a total value of USD 75 000, over three years) and non-financially from April 2017 to April 2020.
ReSource Award Criteria
The short and full proposals submitted will be assessed with regard to the following areas:
- Social and ecological challenge: The proposal demonstrates a profound and authentic understanding of the social and ecological problem to be addressed.
- Impact: The expected social, ecological and economic impact is clearly defined and in line with the scope of the ReSource Award.
- Approach: The proposal outlines a compelling social entrepreneurial approach to address the defined challenge. The defined goal and expected impact can realistically be achieved with the approach presented.
- Financials: There is a financially viable business plan in place based on clear and logical assumptions.
- Competencies: A qualified team with appropriate skills and track record is in place.
- Risk management: All relevant risk drivers and related prevention and risk mitigation measures are defined.
- Only proposals are being considered that are designed to be implemented in low, lower-middle and upper-middle-income countries.
- Charities, non-profit organisations and revenue-generating social enterprises are invited to participate in sustainable water management.
- Applicants with the skills, resources and commitment to launch and manage a social entrepreneurial initiative related to sustainable water management practices are invited to apply for the ReSource Award.
- The ReSource Award intends to partner up directly with social purpose organisations with existing or planned revenue generating activities.
- Accordingly, intermediary institutions that support social entrepreneurs are not supported under the Award.
- Originators (for example, a team or organisation) may not submit more than one proposal a year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application forms electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit ReSource Award 2016.