Deadline: 30 April 2016
The Swiss Re Foundation is seeking proposals for its International ReSource Award 2016 to support social entrepreneurial initiatives addressing water-related challenges with new and innovative approaches.
The ReSource Award is focused on social entrepreneurial approaches applied to water-related social and/or ecological issues.
Award Information: In addition to the USD 20 000 received while a finalist, the winner will be further supported financially (to a total value of USD 75 000, over three years) and non-financially from April 2017 to April 2020.
ReSource Award Criteria
The short and full proposals submitted will be assessed with regard to the following areas:
- Social and ecological challenge: The proposal demonstrates a profound and authentic understanding of the social and ecological problem to be addressed.
- Impact: The expected social, ecological and economic impact is clearly defined and in line with the scope of the ReSource Award.
- Approach: The proposal outlines a compelling social entrepreneurial approach to address the defined challenge. The defined goal and expected impact can realistically be achieved with the approach presented.
- Financials: There is a financially viable business plan in place based on clear and logical assumptions.
- Competencies: A qualified team with appropriate skills and track record is in place.
- Risk management: All relevant risk drivers and related prevention and risk mitigation measures are defined.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Only proposals are being considered that are designed to be implemented in low, lower-middle and upper-middle-income countries.
- Charities, non-profit organisations and revenue-generating social enterprises are invited to participate in sustainable water management.
- Applicants with the skills, resources and commitment to launch and manage a social entrepreneurial initiative related to sustainable water management practices are invited to apply for the ReSource Award.
- The ReSource Award intends to partner up directly with social purpose organisations with existing or planned revenue generating activities.
- Accordingly, intermediary institutions that support social entrepreneurs are not supported under the Award.
- Originators (for example, a team or organisation) may not submit more than one proposal a year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application forms electronically via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ReSource Award 2016.