Deadline: 23 June 2016
The Global Partners Digital (GPD) has announced an applied training programme on cyber policy issues as part of Global Partners Digital’s cyber capacity building programme.
The programme is focused on making cyber policymaking processes around the world more inclusive by building capacity and advocacy skills, and fostering stronger collaboration in developing rights-respecting cyber policies.
The two-year programme has two core aims:
- To build the capacity of civil society actors in the global South to effectively engage in cyber policy debates at the national, regional, and international level.
- To pilot frameworks for national multistakeholder involvement in policy and decision-making processes on cybersecurity.
The training will build the capacity of civil society participants to increase their knowledge on cyber policy issues and improve their advocacy skills to bring a human rights perspective to policymaking debates.
The training programme consists of two stages:
- Online training: a series of videos and accompanying interactive Q&A sessions covering the different modules of the curriculum outlined below (June-July).
- In-person training: led by experts, providing practical advocacy and communication skills, tailored to regional needs (3-4 days, date tbd in September/October).
In order to qualify for financial support to attend the in-person training, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a civil society actor, from Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Caribbean
- Be interested in engaging in cyber policy debates
- Be interested in applying the knowledge and skills gained practically in future advocacy
- Participate in all sessions of the online training programme (June-July)
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the duly filled application form, via given website.
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- LAC: Argentina, Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guyana, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, Uruguay, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
For more information, please visit GPD Cyber Policy Training.