The Cork City Council invites applications to the 2024 Arts Grant Scheme available to community, voluntary groups/organisations throughout the city area.
- Art for everyone:
- Goal: They have encouraged and enabled more people across all the communities to access and enjoy art
- Space for Art:
- Goal: They have optimised and extended places and spaces for art in the city
- Art in the public realm
- Goal: The city centre and the neighbourhoods are animated with art that reflects and celebrates who they are
- A city for artists
- Goal: They have advanced the culture and conditions that make Cork a city for artists
- Capacity and influence
- Goal: The City Council and the arts sector have the knowledge, skills and capacity to achieve the shared ambitions for arts and culture in Cork
- Applicants must be based within Cork City Council’s administrative area.
- Applications must be fully completed, signed and submitted before the stated deadline.
- Requested supporting material must be submitted
- Work must be carried out on a not-for-profit basis
- Work must be artistic in nature
- Where relevant, organisations must have up-to-date child safeguarding policies that are compliant with the Children First Act 2015
- Artistic Criteria
- Demonstrated connection to a specific artistic or cultural activity.
- Potential for programmes to extend and enhance participant’s understanding and/practice of art form/s
- Quality of experience and engagement with the art form in the proposed activity.
- Strategic Criteria
- Potential to contribute to relevant objectives in the Cork City Council Arts & Culture Strategy, 2022 – 2026
- Relevance to the needs of the relevant community / target group / audience
- Recognition and accommodation of the diverse cultures and demographics in the city
- Operational Criteria
- Programme should be accessible to all – thought should be given to venue, cost and access requirements.
- Evidence of sound book-keeping practices (certified annual accounts should be supplied)
- Evidence of a committee-based governing structure for organisation.
- Evidence of equitable and fair remuneration for professional artists /arts workers, where engaged.
- Evidence of documentation and/or evaluation of activities.
- Evidence of sustainable practices relative to the environmental impact of the organisation’s activities
For more information, visit Cork City Council.