Deadline: 1 October 2019
Applications are now open for ASEAN-India Science & Technology Cooperation program.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The main objectives of ASEAN-India Science, Technology and Innovation cooperation are based on following principles:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Encourage and promote cooperation in science, technology and innovation, including through joint research activity, and development on cross-sectoral areas such as health, communicable and emerging infectious diseases, environmental management, climate change adaptation and mitigation measures, agricultural technologies, alternative energy, biodiversity, food processing, advanced materials for development of value-added products, and space technology and applications;
- Encourage and promote cooperation in biotechnology including through capacity building and joint research and development for mutual benefit;
- Undertake activities and develop program / projects under the ASEAN-India Science and Technology Development Fund;
- To intensify interaction and scientific cooperation between Indian and ASEAN scientists / institutions
- To connect existing but separately funded research projects in India and ASEAN MS
- To enhance academic training and development of young scholars
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Generally, the funds shall be provided to support mobility of researchers from India to partnering ASEAN MS and vice versa. However, some incremental funding ie salary for scientific manpower (One JRF/SRF/RA/Post-doc etc), accessories and minor component, add-ons to existing equipment (up to Rs. 0.5 Million INR); chemicals and consumables (up to Rs 0.3 Million per year) shall be supported to Indian lead project Investigator.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- International airfare by lowest economy class from place of work in sending country to the place of work in receiving country including visa fees, overseas medical insurance, domestic travel related to international travel etc
- The living expenses (local hospitality) for staying in respective visiting country (India to partnering ASEAN MS and vice versa) shall be supported as below-
- Rs. 6,000/- per day (all inclusive) for senior researcher (ph.d degree holders and in regular positions at respective Institute/University etc)
- Rs. 5,000/- per day (all inclusive) for junior researcher (ph.d students and post docs)
- Scientists with an appointment as a faculty member at an eligible Indian/ASEAN MS institution can apply as Principal Investigator (PI). The appointment of the PI must last at least until the end of the project. Additionally to project may include at least one PhD student or postdoctoral scientist on each side. The total number of participants on each side should not exceed two.
- Eligible institutions in India:
- Universities, Publicly Funded Research Institutes and Labs and educational /academic Research Institutes.
- Eligible institutions in ASEAN MS:
- All Research Institutions, Universities, other Research and Academic Institutions which are eligible to receive funding through ASEAN are eligible for receiving funding under AISTDF.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted via postal mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://dst.gov.in/sites/default/files/ASEAN-India%20Call%20for%20R%26amp%3BD%20proposals.pdf
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.