Deadline: 19 July 2017
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) is seeking applications for its Informal Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Seminar on Human Rights that promotes mutual understanding and co-operation between Europe and Asia in the area of political dialogue, particularly on human rights issues, and encourages an open and non-confrontational debate between representatives of civil society organisations and officials from all ASEM Partners.
The Seminar series is co-organised by the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF), the Raoul Wallenberg Institute, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development of France, the Department of the Foreign Affairs of the Philippines, and the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland.
The 17th Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights will take place on 7-9 November 2017 in Sofia, Bulgaria, on the theme “Human Rights and Children”. A human rights training on the same topic will be conducted on the sidelines of the Seminar on 6-9 November 2017, in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Build capacity and improve competency of ASEM Partners to implement international and regional frameworks protecting children’s rights, such as the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC)
- Provide theoretical and practical learning on a human rights-based approach to promote and protect children’s rights
- Improve understanding of human rights in the context of ASEM/Asia-Europe relations
The training will be targeted to 18-25 participants of early to mid-level practitioners (3-5 years relevant work experience) from across the ASEM Partners. The target group of participants includes (but not limited to):
- ASEM government ministries (such as ministries of foreign affairs, justice or social welfare) or departments (such as human rights), working on children and human rights
- National and regional human rights institutions working on human rights and children’s rights
- Civil society organisations working on the implementation of the CRC
How to Apply
Proposals should be emailed to ASEF at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark , Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Viet Nam.
For more information, please visit ASEM Call for Proposals.