Deadline: 22 November 2019
The Channel is currently seeking applications from individuals and organisations for a program entitled “Defying Boundaries” to support and empower LGBTIQ+ people living with a disability.
The Channel is interested in projects that foster a strong sense of belonging and create opportunities for those living with a disability within the rainbow community.
The Channel is offering ONE grant of $6,000 to an eligible individual, group or organisation. The Channel is interested in projects that:
- Are led by members of LGBTIQ+ communities
- Are working to create opportunities for LGBTIQ+ people living with a disability
- Are committed to empowering LGBTIQ+ people living with a disability
- Foster a sense of belonging for LGBTIQ+ people living with a disability
- Demonstrate capacity to carry out the proposed activities
- Consider long term viability and success
- Applications from individuals, groups and organisations with charitable purposes will be considered.
- Political parties are excluded from applying.
- Projects that have the purpose of engaging in or promoting activities that are unlawful or contrary to public policy as defined in section 11 of the Charities Act 2013 (Cth) are excluded.
- All applicants must be located in Australia, and all projects must exist to benefit the Australian LGBTIQ+ community.
- Funding is available for project activities that will occur from February 2020 onward.
- The Channel is open to funding general project costs, core operational costs, capital costs, salaries and wages.
- All applications must be accompanied by a budget.
- All applicants are required to record and submit a 2-minute video.
- All applicants are required to record and submit a short video, no longer than 2 minutes.
- In your video, please describe:
- Who you are / What is your group or organisation
- What you would do with the grant funding – i.e. briefly describe your project
- Please do not spend time or money editing your video! A simple video grab on a smart phone will do.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox (or any other video sharing platform) and include the URL link in your online application.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://the-channel.org/current-grant-round