Deadline: 26 March 2020
The Australia-Japan Foundation is seeking applications to advance Australia’s engagement with Japan by supporting people-to-people linkages; amplifying and shifting perceptions of Australia in Japan to reflect contemporary Australia; and facilitating the promotion of the inventive, innovative capabilities that Australia brings to Australia-Japan collaborations across broad and ever sophisticated sectors.
The Australia-Japan Foundation also seeks to bring to the fore, awareness of the ongoing vital importance of Australia and Japan on each other’s foreign and trade policies by facilitating informed discussions.
The objectives of the Australia-Japan Foundation are:
- To increase awareness and understanding in Japan of shared interests with Australia;
- To increase awareness and understanding in Australia of the importance of Japan to Australia as an economic and strategic partner; and
- To increase recognition in Japan of Australian excellence and expertise.
To achieve its objectives, the AJF will prioritise high quality programs particularly, but not exclusively, across any one of the three cross-cutting themes:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Communication, Information and Advocacy;
- Economic Diplomacy and Geopolitics;
- Education and Australian studies;
- Scientific innovation;
- Society, Culture and Sport.
- Grant applications for a minimum of $10,000 or maximum of $40,000 per year and multi-year funding of up to three years will be considered.
- It is anticipated that most grants will be between $15,000 and $30,000 per year, depending on the scope of the grant activity and its complexity.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
To be eligible you must:
- Be one of the following entity types:
- An Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or Indigenous Corporation Number (ICN);
- An Australian consortium with a lead organisation;
- An Australian registered charity or not-for-profit organisation;
- An Australian local government body;
- An Australian State/Territory government body;
- A corporate Commonwealth entity;
- An Australian statutory authority;
- Be an Australian or permanent resident of Australia;
- Be a Japanese citizen or organisation;
- Be a well-established organisation in Japan with a business purpose to advocate for Australian business, education and/or cultural interests.
- And be willing to provide or develop child protection guidelines for your project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
- Individuals who intend the grant to be administered by a university should apply on behalf of the university, i.e. your university is the applicant.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Not an Australian, a permanent resident of Australia or an Australian organisation and you are not a Japanese citizen or organisation.
- A previous applicant who has failed to provide a full and proper acquittal of an earlier IRGP grant.
- You may provide an interim report with the agreement of the relevant Secretariat where existing grant funding will be expended prior to the commencement of the new grant requested.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2UzlqIe