Deadline: 16 August 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2019-2020 Direct Aid Program (DAP) which is a small grants program funded from Australia’s aid budget and managed by the Australian Embassy, Ankara. It has the flexibility to work with local communities on projects that reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development consistent with Australia’s national interest.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- There is no minimum amount that a single DAP project can receive but the maximum is AUD 15,000 over the life of the project.
- Activities may run up to a maximum of two years.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- DAP projects should be aimed primarily at achieving practical and tangible outcomes, such as on poverty alleviation, community health; schools/education; small-scale infrastructure; rural development; youth; gender equality, the environment including climate change and ad hoc humanitarian relief;
- In 2019-20, priority will be given to projects to support disadvantaged communities, including refugees, women and children.
- The DAP committee will be looking for projects that achieve practical and tangible outcomes in certain development sectors, including:
- Education and health
- Gender equality
- Economic empowerment
DAP is available on a not-for-profit basis to individuals, community groups, national or international NGOs, academic institutions, research bodies, local government institutions, and other entities engaged in development activities in countries that are eligible for official development assistance (ODA).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Projects must be self-contained with definite time lines including a work plan, and the project should be completed by 30 June 2020.
- Projects must be clearly defined with specific achievable and sustainable outcomes that will help vulnerable target groups.
- Project funding no greater than AUD 15,000 (approx. 39,000TL);
- Application forms must be submitted through on-line grants management system, Smartygrants
- Include a clear and fully itemised and fully costed project budget in TL or in AUD and the development benefits of the proposal
- Demonstrate the applicant’s ability that they have the capacity to effectively implement the proposed project
- Demonstrate the applicant’s capability and capacity to manage any identified project-related risks.
- Demonstrate soundness of the project’s objectives and design and the practicability of the proposed implementation arrangements,
- Demonstrate that the project conforms with the objectives of the Direct Aid Program
- Demonstrate that the project is technically feasible
- Include a risk management strategy to mitigate risk
- If the project involves working with children, the organisation must have a current child protection policy or code of conduct to be eligible.
- For projects over six months, a progress report should be provided at the six month mark from the commencement of the project. This should give a brief overview of progress achieved against identified milestones. Any significant problems encountered should be described along with any action taken to overcome these problems Progress reports must be uploaded onto Smartygrants using Acquittal form. Any receipts and expenditure should be forwarded with the progress report.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
All applications must be submitted online through the Smartygrants via given website.
For more information, please visit https://turkey.embassy.gov.au/anka/Development_cooperat.html
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.