Deadline: 3 October 2019
The Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh is accepting Expressions of Interest for its Direct Aid Program (DAP) 2019/20 which is a flexible, small grants program funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and managed through its overseas posts.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DAP plays an important role in contributing to Australia’s development objectives in Cambodia and promoting cooperation and exchange between Australia and Cambodia. It provides a mechanism for the Australian Government to support the work of local organizations.
The purpose of the DAP is to assist developing countries to reduce poverty and assist in sustainable development. Funding is available to organization engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Types of Grant
In 2019-20, the Australian Embassy will offer two types of grants.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- DAP Project Grants of between AUD$15,000 and AUD$25,000; and
- Small Grants of between AUD$5,000 and $10,000
Organizations may submit EOIs for either or both types of grants (with separate EOIs for each).
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Non-government organizations or institutions recognized by the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) are eligible to apply. This includes both local and international organizations and institutions.
- Private sector organizations can apply but must implement Direct Aid Program activities on a not-for-profit basis.
- If an organization or institution is applying for the first time, proof of their recognition by Cambodian authorities and examples of previous projects should be provided.
DAP projects should aim to achieve practical, tangible outcomes for sustainable development in Cambodia.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For 2019-20, DAP’s development priorities are:
- Human rights, including gender equality and opportunities for minority groups
- Promoting inclusive business initiatives that have a positive social impact
- Environmental management and sustainable development
- Developing science, technology, engineering and mathematics capacity
Proposals will need to address one or more of these priorities. Proposals which also achieve one or more of the following will be considered favourably:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Strengthen partnerships between Cambodia and Australia
- Enhance the implementation of international norms to which Cambodia is a party
- Support women leaders and Cambodian youth
- Strengthen Cambodian cultural and artistic institutions
- Leverage funding or in-kind support from other sources.
Projects must demonstrate a commitment to the equal participation of men and women.
How to Apply
Expression of Interest forms must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://cambodia.embassy.gov.au/penh/cooperation.html