Deadline: 3 October 2019
The Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh is accepting Expressions of Interest for its Direct Aid Program (DAP) 2019/20 which is a flexible, small grants program funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and managed through its overseas posts.
DAP plays an important role in contributing to Australia’s development objectives in Cambodia and promoting cooperation and exchange between Australia and Cambodia. It provides a mechanism for the Australian Government to support the work of local organizations.
The purpose of the DAP is to assist developing countries to reduce poverty and assist in sustainable development. Funding is available to organization engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
Types of Grant
In 2019-20, the Australian Embassy will offer two types of grants.
- DAP Project Grants of between AUD$15,000 and AUD$25,000; and
- Small Grants of between AUD$5,000 and $10,000
Organizations may submit EOIs for either or both types of grants (with separate EOIs for each).
- Non-government organizations or institutions recognized by the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) are eligible to apply. This includes both local and international organizations and institutions.
- Private sector organizations can apply but must implement Direct Aid Program activities on a not-for-profit basis.
- If an organization or institution is applying for the first time, proof of their recognition by Cambodian authorities and examples of previous projects should be provided.
DAP projects should aim to achieve practical, tangible outcomes for sustainable development in Cambodia.
For 2019-20, DAP’s development priorities are:
- Human rights, including gender equality and opportunities for minority groups
- Promoting inclusive business initiatives that have a positive social impact
- Environmental management and sustainable development
- Developing science, technology, engineering and mathematics capacity
Proposals will need to address one or more of these priorities. Proposals which also achieve one or more of the following will be considered favourably:
- Strengthen partnerships between Cambodia and Australia
- Enhance the implementation of international norms to which Cambodia is a party
- Support women leaders and Cambodian youth
- Strengthen Cambodian cultural and artistic institutions
- Leverage funding or in-kind support from other sources.
Projects must demonstrate a commitment to the equal participation of men and women.
How to Apply
Expression of Interest forms must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://cambodia.embassy.gov.au/penh/cooperation.html