Deadline: 12 October 2017
The Australian Embassy in Rome is seeking project applications for funding under the Australian Direct Aid Program (DAP) in Albania that is a flexible small grants program funded by the Australian Government and managed through the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) overseas posts.
The aim of this program is to support projects with a strong development focus that complement Australia’s broader aid program which contributes to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction. The Direct Aid Program (DAP) projects should promote a distinctive and positive image of Australia.
There is no minimum amount that a single DAP project can receive but the maximum they will fund is 15,000 euro over the life of the project.
DAP activities should primarily be aimed at achieving practical and tangible outcomes of high development impact. DAP is able to fund activities that have a direct, practical and immediate impact, including capacity building programs in the areas of governance and human rights engagement. They will favourably consider projects:
- in the areas of community and/or rural development, education, gender equality, disabilities, youth, human rights, the environment, small-scale infrastructure, economic empowerment and ad hoc humanitarian relief
- where applicants and their communities make a contribution in labour, materials, transport or cash
- that enhance educational and cultural exchanges and people-to-people links
- that are achievable and have sustainable outcomes
- projects that provide educational or occupational/skills training
DAP is available on a not-for-profit basis to individuals, community groups, NGOs and other entities engaged in development activities in Albania.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: Albania
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program.