Deadline: 7 July 2020
The Australian Government invites applications through a targeted competitive process to deliver services under the International Education Support Outcome – Destination Australia Program 2021 (Round 2) from 2020-21 to 2023 24.
The objective of the grant opportunity is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
The program will:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- support regional and remote Australian education providers to recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- enhance regional and remote Australian education providers through promoting activities that contribute to growth and sustainability
- offer students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to undertake high quality education, training and research in, and to experience life in regional and remote Australia
- ensure regions share in the social, cultural and economic benefits of their international education sector.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- domestic and international students receive tertiary education provider scholarships, funded by the Australian Government, for studying in regional Australia
- increased awareness of the benefits of living, studying and working in regional Australia.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The program will award to the Australian tertiary education provider:
- $7,500 per half year period ($15,000 per year) per student in scholarship funding to be paid directly to the scholar, and
- $750 per half year period ($1,500 per year), per student in promotional and administration assistance for the tertiary education provider.
The Australian Government is providing approximately $16.96 million (GST exclusive) over four years for the Destination Australia Program 2021 (Round 2).
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Under the 2021 grant opportunity, there is approximately:
- $4.24 million in funding available during 2020-2021,
- $4.24 million in funding available during 2021-2022,
- $4.24 million in funding available during 2022-2023, and
- $4.24 million in funding available during 2023-2024.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Funding will be made available for each six months of a student’s qualification, should they remain eligible, for up to four years. It is intended the scholarships be available to support students for the duration of a full eligible qualification, for up to four years.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
To be eligible for this grant opportunity, you must be an Australian tertiary education provider with an active registration and meet the following criteria:
- If applying for scholarships for domestic students you must be:
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA), or the Western Australian Training Accreditation Council (WA TAC).
- You must have a registration status of Current or Current (Re-registration pending) at the time the grant opportunity opens.
- A higher education provider registered with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA).
- You must have a registration status of Registered or Ongoing pending renewal at the time the grant opportunity opens.
- If applying for scholarships for international students, you must also be:
- A tertiary provider registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- You must have a registration status of Registered at the time the grant opportunity opens.
For more information, visit https://www.communitygrants.gov.au/grants/destination-australia-program-2021-round-2