Deadline: 7 July 2020
The Australian Government invites applications through a targeted competitive process to deliver services under the International Education Support Outcome – Destination Australia Program 2021 (Round 2) from 2020-21 to 2023 24.
The objective of the grant opportunity is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
The program will:
- support regional and remote Australian education providers to recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- enhance regional and remote Australian education providers through promoting activities that contribute to growth and sustainability
- offer students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to undertake high quality education, training and research in, and to experience life in regional and remote Australia
- ensure regions share in the social, cultural and economic benefits of their international education sector.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- domestic and international students receive tertiary education provider scholarships, funded by the Australian Government, for studying in regional Australia
- increased awareness of the benefits of living, studying and working in regional Australia.
The program will award to the Australian tertiary education provider:
- $7,500 per half year period ($15,000 per year) per student in scholarship funding to be paid directly to the scholar, and
- $750 per half year period ($1,500 per year), per student in promotional and administration assistance for the tertiary education provider.
The Australian Government is providing approximately $16.96 million (GST exclusive) over four years for the Destination Australia Program 2021 (Round 2).
Under the 2021 grant opportunity, there is approximately:
- $4.24 million in funding available during 2020-2021,
- $4.24 million in funding available during 2021-2022,
- $4.24 million in funding available during 2022-2023, and
- $4.24 million in funding available during 2023-2024.
Funding will be made available for each six months of a student’s qualification, should they remain eligible, for up to four years. It is intended the scholarships be available to support students for the duration of a full eligible qualification, for up to four years.
To be eligible for this grant opportunity, you must be an Australian tertiary education provider with an active registration and meet the following criteria:
- If applying for scholarships for domestic students you must be:
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA), or the Western Australian Training Accreditation Council (WA TAC).
- You must have a registration status of Current or Current (Re-registration pending) at the time the grant opportunity opens.
- A higher education provider registered with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA).
- You must have a registration status of Registered or Ongoing pending renewal at the time the grant opportunity opens.
- If applying for scholarships for international students, you must also be:
- A tertiary provider registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- You must have a registration status of Registered at the time the grant opportunity opens.
For more information, visit https://www.communitygrants.gov.au/grants/destination-australia-program-2021-round-2