Deadline: 31 August 2017
The Australian High Commission in Ghana is seeking applications for Direct Aid Program for 2017-18, small grants program to help fund development projects in its countries of accreditation including Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The primary objective of the DAP is to achieve a practical and tangible humanitarian or developmental outcome in vulnerable communities. DAP funds activities that have a direct, practical and immediate impact.
In 2017-18, the Accra Direct Aid Program will prioritise projects which:
- demonstrate contributions to achieving greater food security, with a focus on sustainable agricultural practices and innovative agribusiness;
- strengthen accountability and transparency in the extractives sector and/or ensure greater community benefits;
- enhance or support education services and facilities;
- improve access to sanitation and hygiene services and facilities;
- promote environmental conservation through improved infrastructure and/or behavioural
Grant between AUD$20,000 and AUD$60,000;
- DAP funding is available for reputable community groups, local or international NGOs, academic institutions, research bodies, local government agencies or other organisations engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
- Applications can be submitted for projects in the High Commission’s nine countries of accreditation: Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo.
- Applications may be submitted by individuals or businesses on behalf of an NGO or other implementing organisation as part of a partnership. In this case, the applying organisation must take responsibility for the management and acquittal of DAP funds. The implementing organization must be involved in preparing the application, and be available to be contacted to verify the funds being applied for on their behalf. Applications from individuals and businesses that do not involve an organisation in project implementation are unlikely to be supported.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program.