Deadline: 5 July 2019
The Australian High Commission in Pretoria is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for its Direct Aid Program (DAP), is a small-grants scheme which aims to support non-profit organisations working in local communities on activities which support sustainable and equitable development.
The Australian High Commission in Pretoria currently prioritises funding projects with a focus on:
- Human Rights: Disability Inclusiveness/Gender Rights & Women’s Empowerment/LGBTI issues
- Education and Skills Development
- Environment and water conservation
- Foreign policy
While applicants can apply for a maximum of AUD50,000, most successful projects will receive between AUD25,000 to AUD40,000.
- The Australian High Commission in Pretoria disburses DAP funding to projects in Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Eswatini.
- The Australian High Commission will consider applications from community groups, international or Australian NGOs, and other civil society actors that are lawfully operating in any of these countries.
- The Australian High Commission will also consider applications from academic institutions, research bodies, or other organisations engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
As a general rule, the following projects are not funded through DAP:
- payment of ongoing staff salaries of core organisational staff. Note: contractor salaries that are part of the actual project can be considered but should not constitute a major cost component
- grants programs run by other governments or organisations
- micro-credit schemes or any other project that involves return of money or loans for cash
- administrative costs not directly related to project implementation
- purchase of vehicles, purchase or rental of property or land
- routine, recurring and/or running costs including: office rent, electricity, water, phone, internet, etc.; routine maintenance and repairs (including of equipment such as photocopiers, computers, stoves, fridges etc.) and office or equipment insurance; or
- commercial ventures.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://southafrica.embassy.gov.au/pret/Development_cooperat.html