Deadline: 5 April 2017
The Belmont Forum and the New Opportunities for Research Funding Agency Co-operation in Europe (NORFACE) is seeking applications for its programme “Transformations to Sustainability (T2S)” to re-structuring the broad field of sustainability research by placing social science and humanities at the heart of interdisciplinary research in a step change in scale and scope for research programming on this topic.
This programme has two major objectives:
- To develop understanding of and promote research on transformations to sustainability which are of significant social, economic and policy concern throughout the world and of great relevance to both academics and stakeholders.
- To build capacity, overcome fragmentation and have a lasting impact on both society and the research landscape by cultivating durable research collaboration across multiple borders, disciplinary boundaries, and with practitioners and societal partners.
The programme is structured around three themes, every research project should focus on at least one of these themes:
- Governance and institutional dimensions of transformations to sustainability
- Economy and finance of transformations to sustainability
- Well-being, quality of life, identity, and social and cultural values in relation to transformations to sustainability
- The total funding available for this T2S programme over a period of three years has been set at a minimum of 13 M€ across the international funding partners.
- Small and large projects are equally welcome.
- The total funding requested from the T2S partners must not exceed € 1,500,000 across all participating partners for each project.
- Projects can last up to 36 months.
Main Applicants, Co-applicants and team members must be eligible for funding from these funders, irrespective of their individual nationality. Depending on the national/ISSC eligibility rules, eligible applicants may come from organisations such as:
- Research organisations (universities, university colleges, research institutes or other authorities with research undertakings)
- NGOs, citizens’ representatives
- Cities, municipalities, regions
- Companies (from industry/large companies to SMEs)
- Consumers (e.g. business enterprises, test households)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given link.
- EU Member States and Associated Countries: Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
- Non-European: Brazil, Chinese Taipei, Japan, USA.
- Low-Middle Income Countries: Armenia, Indonesia, Samoa, Bangladesh, Kenya, São Tomé and Principe, Bhutan, Kiribati, Senegal, Bolivia, Kosovo, Solomon Islands, Cape Verde, Kyrgyz Republic, Sri Lanka, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Lesotho, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Syrian, Djibouti, Micronesia, Tajikistan, Egypt, Moldova, Timor-Leste, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Georgia, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Ghana, Nicaragua, Vanuatu, Guatemala, Nigeria, Vietnam, Guyana, Pakistan, West Bank and Gaza, Honduras, Papua New Guinea, Yemen, India, Philippines, Zambia.
For more information, please visit Belmont Forum-NORFACE.