Deadline: 15 April 2020
The Ben & Jerry Foundation is currently seeking applications for its Grassroots Organizing for Social Change program.
While the broad goals is to further social and environmental justice and support sustainable and just food systems, The Foundation focuses on the types of activities and strategies an organization uses for creating social change rather than on the specific issues the organization is addressing.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Foundation makes one-year grants for up to $25,000, to organizations with budgets under $500,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Community & ally outreach;
- Leadership development;
- Constituent empowerment & decision-making;
- Popular education;
- Root cause analysis;
- Power analysis;
- Campaign development;
- Mobilizing constituents & allies;
- Coalition building;
- Direct action.
Areas not Funded
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Direct services to individuals, families or communities;
- Internationally focused programs;
- Organizations with annual budgets over $500,000;
- Discretionary or emergency requests;
- Schools or programs for schools;
- Colleges or universities;
- Individuals or scholarship programs;
- Research, litigation or legal expenses;
- Capital or endowment campaigns;
- State agencies or government programs;
- Businesses or business associations;
- Religious activities;
- Arts or Media programs;
- Other foundations or regranting organizations.
- Only organizations with 501(c)3 status, or who have a fiscal agent with this status are eligible to apply.
- The Foundation will only consider proposals from grassroots, constituent-led organizations that are using community-organizing and base-building strategies to accomplish their goals.
- Applicants who have received funding within the past 3 years must apply under the Renewals process.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, visit https://benandjerrysfoundation.org/the-grassroots-organizing-for-social-change-program/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.