The Ben & Jerry’s Foundation is seeking applications for Grassroots Organizing for Social Change Grant Program.
Grassroots, constituent-led organizing is among the most effective means to create social change. They define organizing as collective action from the bottom up that challenges the status quo, demands changes in policy and practice, educates communities about root causes, and advocates and agitates for systemic and just solutions.
The Grassroots Organizing for Social Change program supports organizations that share and embody this theory of change.
The Grassroots Organizing for Social Change Program offers general support to non-profit organizations throughout the United States and is our most competitive grant program.
While their broad goals are to further social and environmental justice and support sustainable and just food systems, they focus on the types of activities and strategies an organization uses for creating social change rather than on the specific issues the organization is addressing.
- Community & ally outreach
- Leadership development
- Constituent empowerment &
- Popular education
- Root cause analysis
- Power analysis
- Campaign development
- Mobilizing constituents & allies
- Coalition building
- Direct action
- They make one-year grants for up to $25,000, to organizations with budgets under $500,000.
- They will only consider proposals from grassroots, constituent-led organizations that are using community-organizing and base-building strategies to accomplish their goals.
For more information, visit https://benandjerrysfoundation.org/the-grassroots-organizing-for-social-change-program/