Deadline: 15 June 2020
The Active Citizens program has announced a competition for partners to support social action projects aimed at overcoming and mitigating the effects and counteracting the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. The competition is co-financed by the British Council and the European Union under the project “Strengthening intersectoral cooperation for social cohesion (SC3)”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The 36-Month Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Cooperation for Social Cohesion ( SC 3) project aims to effectively address local development challenges and opportunities by improving cooperation between civil society organizations (CSOs) and local authorities (IGs). in Ukraine.
It is run by the British Council together with three experienced co-applicants (CSOs): the Strong Community NGO, the Youth Platform NGO, and the Kherson Regional Association Charitable Foundation, located in the east, west and south of Ukraine, respectively. The project is implemented throughout the country, which is under the control of the Ukrainian Government (government-controlled territory, PUT), including PUT Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The main priority is to counteract the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine, to overcome and mitigate the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Under the main priority, projects can also be aimed at:
- strengthening social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creating and strengthening links between volunteers, city authorities, hospitals, businesses and other participants in social processes;
- supporting older people and promoting inclusion (increasing equal access to the community, in particular for people with disabilities);
- promoting youth development and leadership development, promoting active citizenship;
- promoting the mental health of community members in a social distance;
- promoting gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities;
- promoting the improvement of the environment;
- cooperation projects between partners in the framework of counteracting the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The maximum funding for a social action project from the British Council is UAH 18,000.00.
- If 2 or more partners cooperate in the implementation of the PSD, the maximum funding from the British Council is UAH 18,000.00.
- Co-financing from other partners (own contribution) up to 30% from other organizations is encouraged and co-financing from local governments will be valued higher.
- Grants provided for the implementation of social action projects are accountable.
- The social action project manager must be 18 years old.
A grant for the implementation of a social action project may cover the costs of:
- professional services (at market prices)
- reasonable administrative costs,
- local trips,
- reasonable administrative costs,
- equipment required for project implementation,
- dissemination of information (except for payment for publications in the media),
- other costs directly related to the project implementation.
The following are not financed under the grant for the implementation of the social action project:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- salary of the project manager,
- purchase of office equipment (eg laptop, projector, printer, etc.),
- office rental costs, current organizational costs (for example, replenishment of mobile accounts, payment for Internet service providers, etc.),
- language learning
- salaries of civil servants
- or projects that have a commercial purpose.
For more information, visit http://www.britishcouncil.org.ua/active-citizens/sap-covid19