Deadline: 2 April 2017
The British Embassy San Jose is currently accepting proposals for its RUBIES Fund 2017/2018. The British Embassy San Jose uses the Foreign & Commonwealth Office’s programme funds to create real, measurable outcomes in support of the institution’s policy goals.
- competition policy
- ease of doing business
- fiscal transparency and responsibility
- illicit trade
- public procurement (improved government tender processes)
- protection of intellectual property
- regulatory environment
- taxation structure
- The RUBIES projects budget must fall between £15,000 and £25,000.
- Successful projects will start in April 2017 and must finish by the end of January 2018.
All project proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Project proposals must be submitted on the Concept Bid Form in English;
- All projects should be designed to deliver over the course of one year only;
- Proposals must demonstrate practical and high-impact interventions that will lead to a real and timely difference to decision-making. Funds cannot be used to finance one-off visits or seminars;
- Projects must clearly be a catalyst to transformational changes in policy and/or practice;
- Proposals focusing purely on research, analysis, seminars or workshops will not be relevant unless they lead to specific and measurable actions;
- Proposals must add value and not duplicate other donor activity;
- They must show evidence of strong buy-in from key beneficiaries;
- They should demonstrate a strong UK expertise link;
- Proposals should include a communications strategy to disseminate the results of the project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their proposals in English via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit RUBIES Fund 2017/2018.