Deadline: 18 August 2016
The Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB) is seeking applications from eligible organisations to implement a project with the objective of reducing child labor in the vanilla-producing areas of the Sava region of Madagascar.
ILAB leads DOL’s efforts to ensure that workers around the world are treated fairly and are able to share in the benefits of the global economy. ILAB’s mission is to advance workers’ rights and livelihoods, particularly for the world’s most vulnerable workers.
ILAB’s Office of Child Labor, Forced Labor and Human Trafficking (OCFT) conducts and funds research, develops strategic partnerships, and funds an international technical cooperation program to eliminate the worst forms of child labor, forced labor and human trafficking.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Vanilla exporters have significantly reduced child labor in the production of vanilla at the farm and collection levels in Sava.
- Law enforcement entities are effectively enforcing child labor laws and policies in the vanilla-producing areas of Sava, including imposing and collecting penalties and referring child labor victims to appropriate services.
- Community members are monitoring for child labor and are referring victims of child labor to the appropriate authorities and services.
- Beneficiary households are no longer using child labor to supplement household income.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- An approximately $4,000,000 total cost is expected to be available to fund approximately one or more award(s).
- The period of performance is a maximum of 4 years (48 months) from the effective date of the award.
- Nonprofits, including any faith-based organizations, community-based organizations
- Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
- Private Institutions of Higher Education
- For-Profit Organizations
- Non-US Entities, including public international organization(s) (PIO) (s), as described in 2 CFR 200.46.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit grants.gov.