Deadline: 31 March 2020
The objectives of these awards will be to build and increase the institutional capacity of institutions of higher education (IHE) in Iraq, and to enhance partnerships with U.S. and regional IHE for the purposes of research, exchange, and curriculum and pedagogic development, to include faculty exchanges.
American-style higher education plays an important role in influencing and educating the next generation of leaders in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), offering students an alternative vision to extremist ideologies, and encouraging economic growth through professional skills development.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, Office of Assistance Coordination (NEA/AC) offers Economic Support Fund (ESF) assistance to groups and individuals striving to bring about positive change in the Middle East-North Africa region. The Assistance Coordination Office works in 20 countries and territories, partnering with governments, civil society organizations (CSOs), community leaders, youth and women activists and private sector groups to advance their efforts. Competitively selected projects aim to foster participatory governance, economic reform, and educational advancement in response to local interest and needs.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
A successful project will result in:
- Improvement in institutional capacity, as evidenced by:
- Increased student body recruitment, retention, and diversity, consistent with Iraq’s religious, ethnic, and geographic diversity
- Enhanced partnerships and linkages with U.S. and regional IHE that offer American-style curriculum
- Demonstrable progress toward accreditation by U.S. and Iraqi accrediting organizations
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Project activities may include:
- Activities to improve institutional capacity and financial sustainability
- Activities, which may include financial assistance, to recruit and retain students that are representative of Iraq’s diverse ethnic, geographic, and religious communities.
- Activities to work toward accreditation by U.S. and Iraqi accrediting bodies.
- Curricula and activities designed to expose students to a broad variety of perspectives and worldviews.
- Activities to enhance partnerships and linkages with U.S. and regional IHE, such as the development and sustainment of exchange programs, joint degree programs, faculty exchanges, and sharing of best practices.
- Program elements that support the transition from academic to professional roles, possibly including, but not limited to, employment counseling and career development programs.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $10,000,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $5,000,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $500,000
- Estimated Length of Project Period: Up to 24 Months
Be an American style Institution of Higher Education that is non-state sponsored.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=325736