Deadline: 1 October 2018
The Getty Foundation is seeking applications for its Getty Scholar Grants. The Foundation supports individuals and institutions committed to advancing the greater understanding and preservation of the visual arts in Los Angeles and throughout the world.
The Getty Foundation (initially called the Getty Grant Program) was established in 1984 in the belief that philanthropy is a key ingredient in carrying out the mission of the J. Paul Getty Trust. The Getty Trust is an international cultural organization that includes the Getty Conservation Institute, Getty Foundation, Getty Research Institute, and J. Paul Getty Museum.
Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to March, April to June: $17,200
- Six-month residency: September to March, January to June: $42,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
- Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants. Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Getty Foundation.