The Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate (CMTEDD) is announcing its LGBTIQ+ leadership stream to support people who seeking to develop as a LGBTIQ+ leader.
Funding is available for people who lack organisational funding for their professional development. Grants can be used to support participation in conferences, training, mentoring programs and other professional development opportunities.
Individuals who are LGBTIQ+ community leaders living in the ACT and surrounding region can apply for funding through this stream. Eligibility is restricted to individuals with no organisational support.
The value of the grant is based on the location of the opportunity:
- Opportunities in the ACT receive $650
- NSW based opportunities receive $1000
- All other jurisdictions receive $1500.
Projects that can be funded
- Participation in conferences,
- Participation in training,
- Other professional development opportunities.
Focus and Outcomes
- The focus of the Capital of Equality Grants Program is removing any barriers to equality for LGBTIQ+ communities in the ACT and surrounding region. Projects that receive funding must contribute to at least one of the following outcomes:
- Improved understanding of LGBTIQ+ experiences.
- Improved wellbeing of LGBTIQ+ people.
- Increased participation of LGBTIQ+ communities.
- Increased capacity and leadership.
- Projects are strongly encouraged to be led by or engage with the following LGBTIQ+ communities:
Individuals are eligible to apply for this stream, providing they:
- Are Australian Citizens, have permanent resident status, or be on a temporary Australian visa which expires no less than two years from the date of application
- Have satisfactorily acquitted all previous grants provided by the ACT Government (except for current year’s funding), if applicable
- Reside in the ACT or a surrounding region.
For more information, visit https://www.cmtedd.act.gov.au/policystrategic/the-office-of-lgbtiq-affairs/capital-of-equality-grants-program/stream-3-lgbtiq-leadership