Deadline: 10 June 2016
The Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs’ (OES) Office of Global Change at the Department of State is seeking applications to fund a program entitled “Partnership on Women’s Entrepreneurship in Renewables (wPOWER)” seeks to empower women clean energy entrepreneurs and expand clean energy access for poor and rural communities.
wPOWER is unlocking women’s potential to address climate change by empowering women clean energy entrepreneurs to expand clean energy access for poor and rural communities through the sale of solar products and clean cookstoves.
It is building a partnership network of organizations working in the gender and clean energy sector and expanding the evidence base and increasing public awareness of the importance of integrating women into the energy access value chain.
- Unlock Women’s Potential to Combat Climate Change and Increase Energy Access
- Build Clean Technology Markets
- Build Public Awareness
- Build the Evidence Base
- Build a Partnership Network
Focus Countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria, India.
- OES has funding available for up to two awards of up to $750,000 USD each forThe Partnership on Women’s Entrepreneurship in Renewables (wPOWER).
- The anticipated period of performance will be approximately two to three years, depending on the implementation and outcome timelines of each project.
- Empowering and supporting women clean energy entrepreneurs
- Build the evidence base to advance women clean energy entrepreneurship
- Addressing Financial Barriers
- Growing the wPOWER Partnership
Eligibility is limited to U.S. non-profit/nongovernmental organizations subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code, L3Cs, foreign non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and public international organizations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit wPOWER.