Deadline: 31 May 2016
The World Academy of Science (TWAS) along OIC Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (COMSTECH) is currently inviting applications form young scientists for its Research Grant with an aim to encourage the pursuit of scientific excellence in Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) countries by identifying and supporting the best young scientists there; reinforcing and promoting scientific research and strengthening the endogenous capacity in science and technology; and counteracting the brain drain and reducing the exodus of scientific talent from the OIC countries.
The programme provides support for research projects in the following fields of science and technology:
- Earth sciences,
- Engineering sciences,
- Information technology and computer sciences,
- Materials science including nanotechnology,
- Pharmaceutical sciences and renewable energy.
- A Research Grant amounts to a maximum of USD15, 000.
- A grant is normally provided for a period of 18 months and is renewable once.
- A grant may be used to purchase scientific equipment, consumables and specialized literature (textbooks and proceedings only).
- The grant does not cover salaries of researchers and/or students, field expenses, travel expenses and/or participation in international conferences.
- Individual applicants must be nationals of OIC member states, with a PhD and some research experience, but at the beginning of their careers.
- They should hold positions at universities or research institutions in one of the OIC countries.
- As a general rule, the grants are awarded to competent scientists under the age of 40 years.
- Scientists who submit a satisfactory final report on a previous grant may apply for a renewal.
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted online via given website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brueni Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Yemen.
For more information, please visit Joint Research Grants.