Deadline: 22 May 2019
Applicants are invited to submit concept notes for the British Embassy Programme Fund, the Fund supports activity in line with the UK Government’s foreign policy objectives in the Philippines during financial year 2019/20.
All projects submitted must directly support at least one of the following priority objectives for the British Embassy Programme Fund:
- Better understanding and implementation of international human rights standards and best practices to counter modern slavery and violence against vulnerable groups.
- Increased democratic space and better protection of journalists, human rights defenders and civil society space.
The BEPF strongly suggested that projects supporting these priority objectives are costed between £15,000 to £30,000.
All British Embassy Manila International Programme Fund projects must clearly demonstrate how they will:
- support at least one of the above priorities
- deliver value for money (VfM)
- meet OECD criteria for Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding and
- demonstrate that they are able to complete 90% spend by December 13, 2019.
Managerial and Financial Aspects
- any organisation can apply for funding. BEPF does not accept project bids submitted by individuals.
- please note that BEPF cannot make pre-payments; the successful bidders should make the payment and then ask them to reimburse these expenses. The implementer must have an active bank account in the name of the organisation to which BEPF can electronically transfer reimbursements.
- organisations must prove that they are able to manage the project sum in a satisfactory manner; the Embassy may request reports by auditors.
The assessment criteria will be based on the following:
- financial and operational capacity
- value for money
Evaluation of Project Bids
- the aim of the project should be concise, feasible and sustainable
- the expected outcomes should be measurable and
- the target group should be clearly defined and involved in project implementation
How to Apply
Completed concept notes should be sent by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/british-embassy-manila-programme-fund-bepf