Deadline: 20 April 2020
Are you a journalist from the MENA Region reporting on religious freedom and human rights issues? Do you want to expand your knowledge on inclusive reporting, digital security, and fact-based reporting? If yes, the apply now!
This training program is designed to promote a culture of respect for religious diversity in MENA countries by improving the quality, quantity, and dissemination of objective reporting on religious freedom.
The objectives are to increase the capacity of journalists to securely produce high-quality conflict-sensitive and inclusive content on key religious freedom issues and to enhance the availability of and access to high-quality conflict-sensitive and inclusive content as well as promoting dialogue on key religious freedom issues.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The program will equip its participants with the knowledge and connection to provide through three workshops – the Skills Labs, ongoing mentorship, and the opportunity to build a network of regional journalists.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The skills Labs will cover the topics of:
- Inclusive reporting on key religious freedom issues and conflict-sensitive issues;
- Digital security skills and situational awareness;
- Fact-based reporting.
Program Activities & Timelines
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Participants are expected to commit to the whole program.
- Skills Lab I: Key religious freedom issues and conflict-sensitive and inclusive reporting Training – 4 days in June 2020.
- Skills Lab II: Digital security skills and situational awareness Training – 4 days in July 2020.
- Skills Lab III: Fact-Based Reporting Training – 4 days in August 2020.
- Follow-up projects and assignments.
- The main language of the training will be Arabic.
- All workshops will take place in Beirut, Lebanon.
- The program will run on a full-day schedule with several evening activities. Selected participants will have to commit to participating in all activities.
- An innovation Lab will follow in October 2020. The most successful and dedicated Skills Lab Participants will be invited to apply separately to participate in an innovation Lab. More information will be shared upon selection.
Internews will cover the following costs for each participant:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Accommodation, food, and domestic transport in Lebanon during the program;
- Flight tickets to Beirut, Lebanon (for participants from other MENA countries);
- Visa costs;
- Domestic travel to the airport in your home country.
You can apply to the program if you:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Have a minimum of two years of professional journalism experience;
- Have an interest in or prior experience reporting on religious freedom issues;
- Are able to commit to multiple workshops, on-going mentoring and reporting and writing assignments scheduled over twelve months;
- Are from MENA Region countries.
For more information, visit https://internews.org/updates/call-participants-training-program-journalists-mena-region