The Delegation for the External Action of Local Authorities (DAECT), is launching a two-year call for proposals (AAp) for the years 2021 and 2022, intended to allow the participation of French local authorities (CTF) in decentralized cooperation programs prepared by associations.
Themes & Partner Countries
- In September 2015, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and on November 4, 2016, the Paris Climate Agreement entered into force.
- The aim of this call for proposals is therefore in particular to implement these global objectives at the level of the territories, in France and abroad.
- With regard to partnerships with local authorities in countries eligible for ODA, the programs presented will fall within one or more of the priorities of France’s solidarity development policy and the fight against global inequalities, namely:
- Prevent and deal with crises and fragilities
- Strengthen our efforts in education, vocational training, higher education, research and innovation, for the benefit of the employability of young people
- Meeting the world’s most pressing environmental and climate challenges
- Support the great cause of the five-year period that is gender equality maintain resolute action for the benefit of strengthening health systems and against pandemics
- Continue to strengthen food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture
- Improve water and sanitation management
- Promote democratic, economic and financial governance and human rights.
Expenses relating to: the functioning of the association, apart from the program management fees admitted for a maximum percentage of 9%, are not eligible for co-financing by this program.
- the support of logistical means (transport, containers, vehicles, etc.);
- contribution to another local development fund;
- sending materials (medicines, books, etc.) or private collections;
- support for very specific cultural projects and support for artistic creation as the only issue.
- Generally speaking, DAECT does not finance either real estate infrastructure or equipment. However, it may consider, in countries eligible for ODA, to take charge of part of the small equipment necessary to launch the program (computer purchase, software, basic equipment) if these operations constitute an additional element allowing the implementation. A structuring project, and within the limits of the general financing keys of the DAECT.
- This call for proposals is addressed to associations and public interest groupings (GIP) under French law, which bring together, exclusively or partially, French local authorities.
- The programs prepared by the associations or GIPs will be intended to facilitate the participation of CTF in decentralized cooperation actions, in particular when these communities lack prior experience, or wish to be active without committing to a formal partnership with a community. Determined foreigner.
- They will benefit from the synergy, increasingly practiced and sought after, between local authorities and thematic experts, often themselves from local authorities.
- They will be part of the pooling research process, favorable to the design of more ambitious projects and to the scaling up of projects that have already been tested. Each program must allow the membership of a minimum number of 5 French local authorities.
- The beneficiaries of the projects developed under these programs will be foreign local authorities. However, the French local authorities will also benefit from the projects, in terms of experience acquired, and of sharing of objectives with citizens, in a process of raising awareness of openness to the international market and solidarity. The eligible programs must thus present guarantees of balance and good reciprocity for the benefit of the populations of the CTFs.
For more information, visit https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/politique-etrangere-de-la-france/action-exterieure-des-collectivites-territoriales/appels-a-projets-et-fonds-en-soutien-a-la-cooperation-decentralisee/appel-a-propositions-programmes-de-cooperation-decentralisee-cles-en-main/article/appel-a-proposition-2021-2022-programmes-de-cooperation-decentralisee-cles-en