The 2021 World AIDS Day grants are to fund activities that support mental health and emotional wellbeing for women living with HIV and AIDS. The fund will prioritise activities that focus on women living with HIV and AIDS and living in hard to reach areas and difficult circumstances. They particularly welcome applications from organisations of women living with HIV and AIDS, women’s organisations working on improving the mental health of women, and from young women’s groups.
The 2021 Sixteen Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence (16 days) grants are to fund activities that support mental health and emotional wellbeing for women and girls across Africa who have and continue to experience violence at home, work, school, in public spaces and online, the prevalence of which has been exacerbated by the COVID19 pandemic. The fund will support women’s groups and organisations to increase education and awareness on preventing violence against women and girls (VAWG) as well as promoting women’s access to comprehensive mental health and emotional wellbeing services.
For the World AIDS Day and 16 Days grants, the maximum amount you can apply for and the maximum award is US$2,000. Please do not apply for more than US$2,000, as your application will be ineligible.
- This call for proposals is opened only to African Women led organisations with budgets of under USD100,000.
- AWDF doesn’t generally accept applications from organisations that haven’t been registered for at least three years. In extremely rare circumstances however, AWDF will consider applications from organisations that have been registered for less than three years. Some examples are organisations led by and focused on particularly marginalised groups of women and girls, including women and girls living with disabilities, LBTQI+ women and girls, sex workers, refugees and migrant women, women living with HIV/AIDS, young feminists and other imposed marginalities.
- To be eligible to apply to AWDF, women led organisations and groups have to be registered either with a national or recognised community authority.
- Organisations can only apply for one category of grant; either a World AIDS Day grant or a 16 Days Grant.
- This grant will not support organisations that are not based and headquartered in Africa and/or organisations that are not led by African women (senior staff and Board).
- AWDF will also only consider applications from organisations where the Director of the organisation and the Chair of the Board identify as female and where a majority, (at least 70%), of all staff identify as female.
- AWDF does not fund profit making entities or organisations.
For more information, visit https://awdf.org/call-for-proposals-2021-world-aids-day-16-days-of-activism-against-gbv/