Deadline: 27 August 2019
Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN) and the Association of Journalists of Kosovo (AJK) are currently accepting proposals to implement sub-grants in the scope of the EU-funded project entitled “Contribute to strengthening independent, investigative and publicly beneficial journalism and freedom of expression in Kosovo”.
This Call for Proposals aims to provide opportunities for the public broadcaster, national and local televised media and print and online media who operate and work in Kosovo to implement actions that aim to produce new content for their respective media. The project seeks to develop independent, investigative, impartial, unbiased and publicly beneficial journalism, and equip the beneficiaries with the required skills and resources to implement creative, investigative, legally sound and publicly beneficial journalism.
This Call for Proposals contains one lot:
- LOT I: Supporting production of new content through investigative reporting and/or in-depth analysis on good governance, human rights, public procurement and local governance issues related to public service delivery, energy efficiency, culture, dealing with the past and safety and security, etc.
Duration and Amount of the Projects
- Small sized sub-grants:
- Amount: between EUR 2,000 to 5,000
- Duration of work to produce media content/implement activity: Up to six (6) months
- Medium sized sub-grants:
- Amount: between EUR 20,000 to 30,000;
- Duration of work to produce media content/implement activity: Up to twelve (12) months
Registered groups/Lead Applicant must:
- be a legal entity registered with Kosovo authorities at least one year before this call is launched;
- be a non-profit-making organization, media association, media council, public broadcaster or registered business that produces/publishes media content/journalistic work;
- be able to provide registration documents of the organization/media (certificate of registration, fiscal number certificate, business registry document) and proof they have completed all obligations towards the state, including registration with the Tax Administration, bank account information, and previous experience in implementing projects related to the journalistic work proposed (samples/examples of journalistic stories produced/published, including current outreach data/viewership data if applicable);
- When writing their proposals, media organizations and groups should set out proposed measures to be taken to ensure the respect of the Law on Copyright and Intellectual Property. A proven track record of compliance with the Law on Copyright will be considered an added value during the evaluation process (e.g. procedures on securing copyright permissions prior to republication from other media or sources, drafts and/or published copyright clauses in their media outlets/products, etc.).
- Online or print media may also provide an additional document proving membership within Press Council in Kosovo, PCK.
- Supporting production of new content through investigative reporting and/or in-depth analysis on good governance, human rights, public procurement, local governance issues related to public service delivery, energy efficiency, culture, dealing with the past, safety and security etc.
- Production and broadcasting of documentaries or films covering good governance, human rights, competitiveness and investment climate, environment, sustainable economy, employment, public procurement, safety and security, energy efficiency, culture, dealing with the past;
- Designing and carrying out social media campaigns targeting issues related to the core topics to be supported;
- Activities aiming to raise media literacy and human rights issues and environmental topics primarily targeting high school and university students;
- Organization of advocacy campaigns through various activities that may include conferences, roundtables for educational, awareness raising and advocacy purposes, engaging policy stakeholders from central and municipal institutions around issues of gender equality, regulatory agencies, academia, civil society, trade unions, business community, media etc.
- Publication of educational and promotional materials in various media forms;
How to Apply
The applications must be sent by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://birn.eu.com/news-and-events/call-for-proposals-aimed-at-strengthening-independent-journalism-in-kosovo/