This Call for Proposals is part of actions launched by the Cooperation Italian on the bilateral channel with emergency programs and in line with programs financed by the Italian Cooperation on the multilateral channel during 2019, such as:
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- the program to improve access to health services for populations vulnerable in conflict areas in Libya by the WHO (€ 500,000);
- the program to improve access to protection and reproductive health services for people affected by the UNFPA conflict in Tripoli (€ 500,000)
- the food assistance program to support the population affected by the conflict armed in western Libya by WFP (€ 500,000).
The coordination of the intervention financed by this Call for Proposals will be ensured from the AICS Regional Office based in Tunis.
AICS, with the collaboration of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other non-profit entities for the implementation of the intervention in question, will support their participation in existing coordination mechanisms between organizations that they operate in Libya, in particular to the Health Sector coordination group Working Group ), chaired by WHO within the framework of UNOCHA coordination. Moreover, the Agency will strengthen and facilitate coordination and relations with the Embassy of Italy a Tripoli and the local authorities, providing them, among other things, with the technical assistance deemed necessary. AICS will also monitor the activities carried out by the Program in question.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The project proposals must therefore align with the mechanisms identified in the areas of coordination mentioned above and adopt the indications and good practices provided by the competent national authorities shared by the international community operating in the country and, in particular, from the Italian Embassy in Tripoli.
The AICS office in Tunis will ensure the integration of the activities financed through this letter Call for Proposals, with the other bilateral and multilateral initiatives financed by the Italian Cooperation and under construction in Libya.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The general objective of the Initiative is to improve the living conditions of groups vulnerable population.
- The specific objective is to improve access and strengthen health services provided by local health facilities to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- There will be activities of distribution of hygienic and diagnostic material for prevention and treatment of Covid-19.
- The activities will have to be related and coordinated with the local Libyan authorities and be consistent and uniform with the indications of the World Health Organization, in such a waysuch as to purchase drugs and adequate material and compliant with the protocols used in Libya as part of the response to Covid-19.
Total to be entrusted to non-profit entities: 377,083.96
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Non- subjects can present project proposals for this Call for Proposals profit that, at the date of publication of this document , are in possession of all the following requirements:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Enrollment in the list pursuant to art. 26, paragraph 3, of Law 125/2014, or, for non-profit entities without an operating office in Italy ( local and / or non-profit entities international), partnership agreement with one of the subjects registered.
- The agreement may be of various kinds (affiliation, association, partnership) but it must however be, under penalty of exclusion, of a general nature, pre-existing to the present Call for Proposals (and therefore not limited to a specific action or established only for the purposes of participation in this Call ) and must remain valid even after the conclusion Call related activities;
- Specific and proven experience in humanitarian emergency interventions in Libya;
- Proven experience in the health sector;
- For non-profit entities without an operating office in Italy ( local and / or non-profit entities international), be established and in compliance with the legislation in force in the country of membership and in compliance with the provisions for non-profit entities from same legislation.
- Are not debtors to the DGCS of MAECI and / or AICS or other donors, for certain debts, liquid and collectable, including debt situations deriving from revocation orders contributions for projects promoted and / or entrusted;
- Have not behaved in a manner characterized by serious negligence or bad faith in the implementation of DGCS / MAECI, AICS projects, or by other donors activities;
- Ability to operate in the territory of intervention in the case of joint projects in Temporary Purpose Association (ATS): each of the non-profit entities belonging to the ATS must meet the requirements.
Proposed Project Requirements
- Maximum duration of the project activities: 4 (four) months;
- Loan requested from AICS not exceeding € 377,083.96( three hundred seventy-seven thousand and eighty-three / 96)
- Approval / approval of the proposal by the local authorities/communities and/or Competent ministries. Where the political or security situation in the country pays off impossible to acquire a letter of approval from the local authorities, approval comes request to the competent Italian diplomatic mission.
- Compliance with the aims, the objective, the sectors, the area of intervention and the issues cross sections indicated in this document
Each non-profit entity can only submit one (1) proposal in the context of this Call for Proposals , regardless of its role (whether proposer alone or as an ATS agent, or otherwise principal of an ATS).
For more information, visit https://www.aics.gov.it/home-ita/opportunita/area-osc/bandi-no-profit-emergenza/