Deadline: 14 August 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “European Union Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN)” to contribute to the reinforcement of democracy in Nigeria.
The objective of this call for proposals is to improve the quality of electoral administration and citizens’ participation in the electoral process in Nigeria.
The programme is divided in to three Lots:
- Actions that will support the improved engagement between INEC/SIECs and citizens towards achieving the specific objective of this call for proposals.
- Actions that will enhance the pluralism, tolerance, internal democracy and equality of opportunity of political parties and the political party system.
- Actions that will promote the increased participation of women, youth and other vulnerable groups in the electoral process.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 300,000 and EUR 600,000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person or an entity without legal personality
- be non-profit-making entity
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 43 of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or be nationals of Nigeria. This obligation does not apply to international organisations
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- be nationals of a Member State of the European Union, these must have evidence of registration with the National Planning Commission, Nigeria and have a representative office in Nigeria
- have a minimum of 2 years documented experience in the electoral field in general; and with the Nigerian electoral system in particular
- Have never been arrested, indicted or summoned into court as defendant in a criminal proceeding, or evicted, fined or imprisoned for the violation of law(excluding minor traffic violations).
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK and Nigeria.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.