This call for proposals on projects aiming to increase citizen participation in civic activities is a part of the implementation of the programme Active Citizens Fund – Slovakia (ACF – Slovakia or programme).
The overall objective of the ACF programme is ‘Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered’.
The programme will also support awareness raising campaigns on human rights, equal treatment, gender equality (including gender-based violence) on local and regional levels. The Programme has an ambition to support activities to curb hate speech and negative stereotypes and shall address the negative attitudes toward vulnerable and/or marginalized minorities.
- The minimum and maximum grant amount: 30,000 € – 65,000 €.
- The duration of projects in this call for proposals must be within limits of 12 – 18 months.
- Applicants eligible to carry out and implement projects are non-governmental organisations (NGOs). An NGO is a legal entity in the Slovak Republic, having a non-commercial purpose, independent of local, regional and central government, public entities, political parties and commercial organisations. NGOs are voluntary in nature, formed voluntarily by groups or individuals and usually involving an element of voluntary participation in the organisation.
- An eligible applicant is registered in the Slovak Republic in one of the following categories:
- Civic Association according the Act No. 83/1990 Coll. on the Association of Citizens;
- Foundation according the Act No. 34/2002 Coll. on Foundations;
- Non-profit Organisation Providing Public Beneficial Services according the Act No. 83/1990 Coll.
- Non-investment Fund according the Act No. 34/2002 Coll. on Non-investment Funds;
- Non-profit Organisation according the Act No. 116/85 Coll. on terms for activities of organisations with international aspect;
- Association of Legal Entities under the Act No. 40/1964 Coll. on Civil Code;
- Slovak Red Cross under the Act No. 460/2007 Coll. on the Slovak Red Cross.
- Political parties, religious organisations, social partners, profit distributing cooperatives, informal and adhoc groups and individuals are not eligible applicants.
- Organizations that have not recovered amounts due, following a final court decision in connection with the NGO Programmes 2009 – 2014 in Slovakia, shall not be considered eligible applicants and/or project partners.
For more information, visit https://acfslovakia.sk/en/calls/increased-support-for-human-rights-and-civic-education/