Within the framework of the joint European Union/Council of Europe programme “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey 2019-2022” and its action on “Preventing and combating trafficking in human beings in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, the Council of Europe is launching a call for grant, which is to be opened to non-governmental organisations registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Through this call, the action on “Preventing and combating trafficking in human beings in Bosnia and Herzegovina” will co-fund 1 (one) project aimed at raising awareness among general public and in particular children, including those from the disadvantaged communities, parents, child protection, health and education professionals about trafficking in children.
This project is to be implemented by non-governmental organisations registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The grant will fund projects designed to raise awareness among general public, and in particular children, parents, including those from the disadvantaged communities (for example, Roma), child protection, health and education professionals about trafficking in children. Such campaigns might target, for example, primary and high school students and their parents, Roma children and children in vulnerable situation and their caretakers, school psychologists, pedagogues, and other education professionals, working with children. The above-mentioned list for the awareness raising campaigns is not exhaustive.
- Each proposed awareness-raising project should target at least 1000 persons and should carry out an impact assessment following the project implementation.
- Further to the general objective, preference will be given to:
- Projects/actions proposed by non-governmental organisations already involved in preventing and combating trafficking in human beings and in particular, trafficking in children and preferably who are participating in formal or informal alliances, networks or platforms with anti-trafficking objectives and initiatives.
- Projects/actions proposed by non-governmental organisations with aim to protect children and children from disadvantaged communities, like Roma, from abuse, exploitation and violence.
- Projects/actions that address the gender equality dimension of trafficking in children.
- The indicative available budget under this call for proposals is 15,000 Euro (fifteen-thousand Euros). The Council of Europe will award 1 (one) grant of a maximum amount of 15,000 Euro. The grantee will need to ascertain that the expenditure in the local currency corresponds to the above-mentioned amount (in line with the Euro foreign exchange reference rates).
Projects should target in particular the following key stakeholders:
- General public.
- Primary and high school children and parents.
- Children in vulnerable situations and their caretakers.
- Children and parents from the Roma community.
- Education professionals, pedagogues, psychologists.
In order to be eligible for a grant, an applicant must:
- be legally constituted as a non-governmental organisation registered under relevant laws in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- be entitled to carry out in Bosnia and Herzegovina activities described in its project proposal;
- have been active for at least 5 years in the fields of preventing and combating human trafficking, protection of the child from violence and human rights protection;
- have sufficient financial capacity (stable and sufficient sources of funding) to maintain its activity throughout the period for which the grant is awarded and to participate by way of its own resources (including human resources or in-kind contributions);
- have sufficient operational and professional capacity, including staff, to carry out activities described in its project proposal;
- have a bank account.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3qncdRp