Deadline: 27 September 2019
The simulation programs should have an educational component that increases knowledge and understanding of NATO operations and organizational structure and is followed by a practical Model NATO simulation exercise.
If possible, they suggest coordinating with similar university-level programs in the Nordic-Baltic countries. The target population in Norway should be university students interested in domestic and international security and interested in learning more about NATO, especially students involved in political and international affairs organizations.
The project should culminate in a final Model NATO conference in Oslo in Spring/Summer of 2020 and allow participants to partake in simulated discussions on NATO security issues.
The goals of this funding opportunity are to:
- Strengthen understanding of NATO among young people (18-25), through a Model NATO simulation program in 2019-2020.
- Build awareness of the importance NATO plays in promoting peace, security and stability in the region through greater knowledge and understanding of geo-politics, security issues, and regional connectivity.
Proposals should include the following elements submitted on official letterhead:
- Overview of proposed project;
- Narrative that covers the facilitation of a series of Model NATO simulations in 3-5 Norwegian cities, culminating in one large regional gathering in Oslo in Spring/Summer 2020, and a description of how the project will increase understanding of NATO’s organizational structure and critical policy issues among participants;
- Marketing plan for recruiting participants and generating interest in the project;
- Background of implementing organization, including key project leaders;
- List of any proposed partners, including their role in the project;
- Official letters of support from any proposed partners;
- Media and outreach plan, including traditional and social media;
- Expected outcomes, including any potential follow-on activities;
- Monitoring and evaluation plan (grantee will be responsible for submitting a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan for all components of the program, including the submission of a final wrap-up report upon completion of the program series);
- Samples of previous related work executed successfully by the grant applicant;
- Organization contact information;
- DUNS number;
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted via email at the address with “NOFO Proposal: Model NATO” in the subject line.