The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) / Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) is pleased to announce a call for proposals for Strengthening Capacity within the Zambian Ministry of Health for Health Information Systems Sustainability in Support of a Data Driven National HIV/AIDS Response under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
This NOFO aims to support the Zambian government’s digital health strategy which calls for greater institutionalization and implementation of an integrated HIS across the health sector. The strategies and related activities detailed in this NOFO will also assure the sustainability of the gains made with the PEPFAR program in working towards HIV epidemic control by developing a reliable HIS framework that forms a strong foundation for timely, evidence-based implementations, and its active management, for program monitoring and response.
Purpose: The purpose of this NOFO is to continue to support Zambia’s national HIS strategy to digitize health interactions for PLHIV and facilitate improved quality of care and health outcomes in Zambia. A key focus is to coordinate skills transfer to the MOH, and local institutions, as a lastmile step towards the sustainability of implementation beyond epidemic control. The recipient will assume an already existing HIS with the need for continued National scale and annual maintenance. The recipient will make available the maintained HIS and materials to the MOH for its National stewardship.
- Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding: $ 7,000,000
- Total Period of Performance Length: 5 year(s)
- Government Organizations:
- Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
- Non-government Organizations:
- Alaska Native health corporations
- Tribal epidemiology centers
- Urban Indian health organizations
- Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
- Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
- Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research)
- Colleges and Universities
- Community-based organizations
- Faith-based organizations (FBOs)
- For-profit organizations (other than small business)
- Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
- All Other
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329178