Deadline: 21 December 2016
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women is accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Global Acceleration Instrument (GAI) on Women, Peace & Security and Humanitarian Action” with an aim to achieve peaceful and gender equal societies.
The GAI has three main functions:
- First, it breaks silos between humanitarian, peace, security, and development finance by investing in enhancing women’s engagement, leadership, and empowerment across all phases of crisis, peace and security, and development.
- Second, it addresses structural funding gaps for women’s participation in key phases of crisis, peace and security, and development by improving the timeliness, predictability and flexibility of international assistance. Notably, it will ensure a timely investment in conflict prevention after receipt of early warning signals from women, and will accelerate the dispersal of development assistance after successful peace negotiations.
- Third, it recognizes that peace cannot be created nor sustained without investment in both the government and civil society organizations.
Project proposals should be for no less than 100,000 USD and no more than 200,000 USD.
- Outcome 1: An enabling environment for the implementation of WPS commitment
- Outcome 2: Women’s meaningful participation in conflict prevention
- Outcome 3: Humanitarian/crisis response planning, frameworks and programming which is informed by gender analysis and needs assessments
- Outcome 4: Conflict resolution
- Outcome 5: Protection
- Outcome 6: Peace building and recovery investments which benefit women
- National and local civil society organizations are eligible to apply. Women’s grass-root/local/community based organizations are particularly encouraged to apply. Joint CSOs projects are allowed and encouraged. CSOs are strongly encouraged to partner with grass-root organizations.
- UN entities are eligible to apply, through supporting CSOs. Joint UN projects are encouraged.
- Governmental entities may also submit projects aiming to facilitate partnerships and cooperation for the implementation of CSOs led projects.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Jordan
For more information, please visit Global Acceleration Instrument (GAI).