The Global Programme Food Security (GPFS) of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) has launched an open call for proposals to identify a programme by an organization, a consortium or an alliance of institutions willing to build on and systematize existing innovative initiatives to strengthen human rights in food systems.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- to strengthen information, training and capacity building of right holders on the UNDROP;
- to strengthen national legal and policy frameworks on human rights in food systems in selected countries through civil society mobilization, participation and advocacy work;
- to strengthen human rights monitoring and accountability mechanisms for food systems at national, regional and international level, including the “watch-dog” function of CSOs;
- to improve policy coherence of global norm setting processes for food systems with the right to food and claims of the UNDROP.
- In the framework of this call, SDC may choose one single proposal for funding. SDC’s contribution for the first phase will be a maximum of CHF 900’000. per year. The annual contribution will decrease in the possible third phase.
- SDC’s contribution will cover a maximum of 50% of the total cost of the project.
- The period foreseen to support financially a potential programme is set at 10 years to take into account the complexity and the long-term nature of the project’s development objectives. Contractually and conceptually, the project should be divided into three successive phases. SDC intends to sign a contribution contract for each phase. The first phase of the project should last 4 years (June 2021 – May 2025), followed by a possible second phase of 4 years (June 2025 – May 2029), and a possible shorter third phase (until May 2031).
- Contributions to new projects, programmes or initiatives together with other donors and/or contributions to ongoing projects are eligible.
- Project or initiative implemented in multiple countries are welcome. Projects or initiatives with a focus on less than four countries are not considered.
- Multi-stakeholder cooperation is welcome.
- Synergies and complementarities to existing SDC financed programmes are welcome.
- Exclusive research projects are not considered.
For more information, visit https://www.eda.admin.ch/call-for-proposals