The Global Programme Food Security (GPFS) of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) has launched an open call for proposals to identify a programme by an organization, a consortium or an alliance of institutions willing to build on and systematize existing innovative initiatives to strengthen human rights in food systems.
- to strengthen information, training and capacity building of right holders on the UNDROP;
- to strengthen national legal and policy frameworks on human rights in food systems in selected countries through civil society mobilization, participation and advocacy work;
- to strengthen human rights monitoring and accountability mechanisms for food systems at national, regional and international level, including the “watch-dog” function of CSOs;
- to improve policy coherence of global norm setting processes for food systems with the right to food and claims of the UNDROP.
- In the framework of this call, SDC may choose one single proposal for funding. SDC’s contribution for the first phase will be a maximum of CHF 900’000. per year. The annual contribution will decrease in the possible third phase.
- SDC’s contribution will cover a maximum of 50% of the total cost of the project.
- The period foreseen to support financially a potential programme is set at 10 years to take into account the complexity and the long-term nature of the project’s development objectives. Contractually and conceptually, the project should be divided into three successive phases. SDC intends to sign a contribution contract for each phase. The first phase of the project should last 4 years (June 2021 – May 2025), followed by a possible second phase of 4 years (June 2025 – May 2029), and a possible shorter third phase (until May 2031).
- Contributions to new projects, programmes or initiatives together with other donors and/or contributions to ongoing projects are eligible.
- Project or initiative implemented in multiple countries are welcome. Projects or initiatives with a focus on less than four countries are not considered.
- Multi-stakeholder cooperation is welcome.
- Synergies and complementarities to existing SDC financed programmes are welcome.
- Exclusive research projects are not considered.
For more information, visit https://www.eda.admin.ch/call-for-proposals