The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the Initiative to support the creation of sustainable livelihoods for the benefit of refugees of displaced persons and the most vulnerable host communities in Iraq – Phase II.
The initiative intends to ensure support for the response plans to the crisis in Iraq, namely the Humanitarian Response Plan (for the component relating to emergency livelihood) Regional Refugees and Resilence Plan which indicate the livelihood sector among the priority ones. The intervention is also consistent with the provisions of the Iraq Durable Solution Strategic Operational Framework (included in objective 5 of the UNSCDF Iraq) to the extent that it will help support the income of displaced familie who, in 6% of cases, live below the poverty line established by the UN for Iraq.
- This initiative has the (general) objective of contributing to improving the living conditions of the most vulnerable groups of the refugee, displaced and host community in Iraq, by supporting the creation of income access opportunities.
- The intervention strategy provides an approach that responds to the complex and diverse needs in terms of subsistence of the most vulnerable population among refugees, displaced persons and host communities, promoting a link between emergency livelihood and the creation of sustainable means of subsistence, in order to the resilience of the affected populations and therefore to contribute to the medium-term stabilization of the living conditions of refugees and displaced persons.
- The specific objective of the program is to help mitigate the social and economic consequences of the Syrian crisis and the recent COVID 19 epidemic on the most vulnerable groups of the refugee, displaced population and the host community.
Funding requested from AICS not exceeding:
- 475,000.00 (four hundred seventy-five thousand / 00) of euro for single projects;
- 950,000.00 (nine hundred and fifty thousand / 00) euros for joint projects;
- Maximum duration of the project activities: 18 months (eighteen months);
The direct beneficiaries will be young women and men, identified among Syrian refugees, displaced persons and host communities, who are in conditions of particular economic vulnerability but who have the potential to overcome these difficulties, if properly supported. The beneficiary selection process must actively involve local authorities, decentralized offices of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and local civil society organizations already engaged in support activities for the vulnerable population. The direct beneficiaries will be selected by analyzing their economic vulnerability.
The expected results of the program, the achievement of which will be functional to the achievement of the specific objective, therefore consist of:
- The economic opportunities of the most vulnerable population affected by the multiple crises that have recently hit the country have improved
- Improved professional integration of unemployed young people
Non-profit entities who, at the date of submission of the project proposal, meet all the following requirements can submit project proposals for this Call for Proposals:
- Registration in the list pursuant to art. 26, paragraph 3, of Law 125/2014, For non-profit subjects without an operational headquarters in Italy (local and / or international non-profit subjects), in place of the aforementioned registration in the list, the ownership of an agreement of partnership with one of the parties registered on the aforementioned list. This agreement can be of various kinds (affiliation, association, partnership) but must, in any case, under penalty of exclusion, of a general nature, pre-existing to the notice (and therefore not limited to a specific action or established only for the purposes of participation in this Call for Proposals) and must remain valid even after the conclusion of the activities relating to this Call;
- Specific and proven experience in AMLA interventions;
- For non-profit entities without an operational headquarters in Italy (local and / or international nonprofit entities), be established and in compliance with the legislation in force in the country of origin;
- Are not debtors to the MAECI DGCS and / or AICS or other donors, for certain, liquid and due debts, including debt situations deriving from provisions for revocation of contributions for projects promoted and / or entrusted;
- They have not behaved in a manner characterized by gross negligence or bad faith in the implementation of DGCS / MAECI, AICS, other donors’ projects or in the exercise of their activities;
- Ability to operate on site;
- They are not registered in the lists of subjects subject to restrictive measures, which can be consulted. This requirement must also be possessed by the partners involved in the implementation of the project;
- In the case of joint projects in a Temporary Purpose Association (ATS): each of the non-profit entities belonging to the ATS must be in possession of the requisites to be certified in accordance with the procedures of this Call.
For more information, visit https://amman.aics.gov.it/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Call-Iraq-AID-12427_final.pdf