The Transition Promotion Program, established in 2005, is a democracy assistance financial instrument of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. This program aims to support democracy and human rights, using the Czech Republic’s experience with the social transition and democratization.
Local Transition Projects (LTP) are one of the instruments of the transition promotion program of the Czech Republic. Projects are identified by the respective Embassies of the Czech Republic (through applications submitted by potential implementers) and approved by the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs (CZ MFA).
- The foreseen budget per project is max. 500 000 CZK (roughly 20 000 EUR).
- Implementation of the project can be started only after signing the contract (expected in March 2024).
- Project implementation must not exceed October 31, 2024 (project billing must also be done by this date).
- Tangible assets of the project should be marked with the logo of Czech Transition Promotion Program. In the case of a project’s intangible assets, it is always necessary to mention the financial support of the Czech Transition Promotion Program.
- The transfer of funds between items in the approved identification form must be justified in writing to Embassy and described in the final report.
- The applicant must be a registered local subject with legal personality in Armenia, whose basic activity is not profit making.
- Implementer must be eligible to sign a contract with the CZ MFA that establishes jurisdiction of Czech laws and Czech courts.
- Czech financial contribution per project is maximum 500,000 CZK, the budget must not exceed this amount. Most of the awarded projects receive about 350 000 CZK for funding. They strongly encourage you not to aim at the highest possible threshold of funding.
- They also strongly encourage you to limit personnel and travel expenses, because exaggerated expenditures for salaries and travel reduce chances for funding.
- Funds are allocated to non-political and non-governmental groups only. The implementing organization should be a local Armenian NGO.
For more information, visit Embassy of the Czech Republic in Yerevan.