Brazil-UK PACT (Partnering for Accelerated Climate Transitions) is now seeking proposals to fund projects that will support the Brazilian government to enhance the reach and effectiveness of green finance in the country.
In this call for proposals, Brazil-UK PACT is funding capacity-building interventions that aim to increase the mobilisation of green investments to mitigate climate change, while also helping to drive economic development.
- Up to £500,000 per project per year. Between 12 to 24 months of implementation.
- All projects should aim to start in January or February 2024, and end no later than February 2026. The projects must have a clear indication of the outcomes and impacts expected to be achieved in the first year of implementation, as well as in the second year of implementation.
What type of activity are they looking to fund?
- They want to receive applications for technical assistance and capacity building projects that seek to strengthen the capabilities of public financial institutions and/or Federal and State government entities in structuring and executing green finance deals. To be eligible for funding, projects must support one of the two specific intervention areas below.
- Intervention areas:
- support public financial institutions to allocate and leverage green finance resources
- support measures for national and subnational governments to mobilise different sources of capital towards green projects
- They welcome applications from consortia. All consortia must include a Brazilian organisation. Please note only organisations registered as not-for-profit organisations are eligible to be the lead Implementing Partner for a proposal/consortium. For-profit organisations can participate in the call for proposals as a partner within a consortium.
- They welcome applications from consortia of organisations with the capacity to deliver multiple interventions within a project. Only applicants that are registered as not-for-profit organisations are eligible to be lead Implementing Partner of a proposal/consortium.
- Government agencies and/or departments are not eligible to apply either as a lead organisation, or as a partner organisation within consortium.
For more information, visit UK PACT.