(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Open Policy Advisory Fund (OPAF) has been implemented since 2009 by GIZ on behalf of the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). OPAF`s objective is to enable state actors to implement reform steps that contribute to political and social participation and to promote civil society to take part in political decision-making. Therefore, OPAF offers expertise, advice, training courses and coaching for Afghan public institutions in the field of development and implementation of reform processes at the central level by supporting specific measures mainly through short-term to mid-term interventions.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The purpose of this Call for Proposals for the Mini-Fund for Women Empowerment is to:
- foster leadership, organizational, and advocacy capacity of women’s organizations so that they can increase their participation in social and political life.
- improve the enabling environment for women to raise their concerns as citizens of Afghanistan.
- increase the capacity of women-led CSOs to raise concerns of female citizens in activities jointly implemented by state and non-state actors.
- provide chances for sustainable empowerment and support to women entrepreneurs through financial literacy, training, and networking opportunities so that they may play a key role in their communities.
- engage men and boys in the prevention of gender-based violence.
- increase women’s and girls’ awareness of their rights to promote gender equality in local communities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
OPAF’s Mini-Fund for Women Empowerment is looking forward to specific project proposals by civil society organizations that include but are not limited to the following activities:
- create mentoring and apprenticeship opportunities
- improve institution building and advocacy skills within the organization
- provide financial literacy and business management skills, as well as networking opportunities for women business owners
- raise awareness on micro finance and other options to access capital for women entrepreneurs
- address gender-based violence in a holistic way and address gender role
OPAF’s Mini-Fund for Women Empowerment encourages proposals that:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- promote partnerships among two or more local organizations for a common goal
- include young women as project implementers and/or target beneficiaries
- demonstrate innovative ways to address women’s issues
OPAF encourages CSOs to design their project in creative ways based on careful needs analysis and CSOs’ experience, successes, and failures. Proposed projects should include innovative, targeted and localized approaches, especially those that mainstream gender or engage women, as well as encourage collaborative work among several CSOs in different regions or levels.
Areas to Engage in Promoting Gender Equality
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
OPAF identified several areas where applicants can engage in. These are only areas of orientation and not exhaustive. Applicants may well identify other areas of engagement.
- Political Participation
- Ensure women’s political participation, voice and leadership, including efforts to help governments meet their responsibility to guarantee political participation by women, to make participatory processes inclusive and place participatory rights on a sound legal and institutional footing.
- Support civil society advocacy of women’s rights and protect human rights defenders
- Gainful Employment and Economic Empowerment
- Engage in policy dialogue aimed at strengthening efforts to give women equal participation in economic and working life consistent with the International Labour Organization’s core labour standards
- Tackling multiple discrimination
- Make more and better information on discrimination issues available in the partner countries
- Cooperation with female and male stakeholders
- Promote gender equality through stronger cooperation with male and female stakeholders acting as change agents and role models.
- Work with civil society to dismantle gender stereotypes and discriminatory sociocultural norms
- Gender competence / knowledge management
- Work towards institutional implementation of gender-responsive development policies and organisational processes by building gender expertise
- Strengthening women’s organisations
- Support the participation and voice of independent civil society actors and national human rights institutions and ensure that their contribution to progressive, innovative policy on women’s rights and gender is used
- Provide focused training for representatives of women’s organisations and capacity building measures to strengthen their organisations
- Support the cooperation of state and non-state institutions to promote the political participation of women’s organisations
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Non-government and non-profit organizations (including think tanks, civil society organizations) that are based and legally registered in Kabul, Afghanistan are eligible to apply.
Project proposals will be evaluated by an evaluation committee based on the following criteria:
- Technical Capacity:
- The applicant organization demonstrates expertise and the ability to perform the proposed activities.
- Relevance of Project:
- The proposal is relevant to the objectives and priorities of the Call for Proposal, and the proposed project is relevant to particular needs and constraints of the target groups.
- Quality and Feasibility of the Project Idea:
- The proposal is well developed, innovative and offers creative solutions with all necessary details about how project activities will be carried out.
- Sufficient number of staff, with relevant education and experience, are assigned to the project.
- Project Budget:
- Budget and narrative justification are completed and reasonable in relation to the proposed activities and anticipated results.
- Structural Capacity:
- The applicant organization has a functional office.
For more information, visit http://www.acbar.org/rfq/12066.jsp