Deadline: 31 July 2019
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is currently inviting eligible organizations to submit project proposals for its program entitled “Sustainable and Inclusive Rural Economic Development – Kosovo”.
- Producers and other market actors strengthened their position in the selected market systems and have increased their income and profitability.
- Growing cross-border trade and export opportunities enable a more diversified and profitable market access for producers and other market actors.
- Women and marginalized people in rural areas of Kosovo improved their economic situation thanks to targeted gender-responsive measures in all outcome areas of the program.
- The maximum total amount available for funding is EUR 2.500.000,-.
- Project proposals may be submitted for duration of 36 months (including 6 months inception phase).
- Producers, input suppliers, collectors, processors and other actors involved in the selected market systems.
- Public and private institutions active in the selected market systems.
- Eligible applicants are development organisations as well as other equivalent institutions of the Austrian Development Cooperation Act and which dispose of adequate administrative and program implementing capacities. The following documents must be provided by the applicant:
- Constitution, statutes illustrating the applicant’s aims and scope of business Registration (register of associations, register of companies etc.)
- Annual reports and accounts for the three preceding business years (2016-2018; average annual turnover of the Applicant over the past 3 years 2016 – 2018 must exceed EUR 3,000,000.00)
- Experience of the applicant in methods and concepts as well as proper project cycle management in the thematic areas of the CfP to be presented via the profile, relevant policy documents, methods of the applicant and a list of least 5 reference projects in the last 5 years in ADC’s priority regions and countries.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience in all mentioned thematic areas of the CfP (MSD, gender responsive actions, agriculture, rural economic development, social inclusion, environmental protection/climate resilience), in capacity development of state and non-state actors and in sound project cycle management including risk management, meeting the following criteria:
- Successful implementation during the last 5 years of at least 3 pro-grams/projects in developing countries of which at least one in rural economic development in the Southeastern Europe, relevant experience in Kosovo is an asset.
- At least one program/project in the last 3 years with a total budget of at least EUR 1,800,000.00.
- Reference programs/projects should have a visible capacity development component and showcase cross-cutting issues such as social inclusion, gender and environment, climate mainstreaming. No small-scale or short-term intervention (e.g. ad hoc technical assistance, assessments, project preparation missions, evaluations etc.) must be presented as a reference program/project.
- Availability of at least 2 permanent key staff with at least 3 years’ technical experience in the last 5 years in planning, implementing, monitoring, steering and evaluating of interventions in the thematic areas of the CfP to be pre-sented via CVs.
- Availability of the necessary key staff for the implementation of the pro-posed intervention, highly qualified experts with well-founded knowledge in the thematic areas of this CfP, EGSIM, risk and excellent program/project management skills with at least 3 years’ technical experience in the last 5 years for the proposed position to be presented via CVs.
- Furthermore, the applicant must demonstrate:
- experience in MSD
- knowledge/understanding of the local context
- participation of local human resources in the program/project team
- a flexible and open minded approach
- high analytical capacities (capacity to constantly analyse the context and results, and to re-orient activities if they do not bring the expected results)
- entrepreneurial mind-set
- existence of in-house expertise and knowledge management systems on MSD.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted electronically (one copy scanned in pdf and one copy in formats compatible with MS-Word and MS-Excel) at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.entwicklung.at/en/ada/calls/calls-detail/artikel/call-for-proposals-sustainable-and-inclusive-rura/