Deadline: 6 January 2017
The U.S Embassy Port Moresby and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), Cultural Heritage Center, of the U.S. Department of State are seeking proposals for its U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) 2017.
- Cultural Sites
- Cultural Objects & Collections
- Forms of Traditional Cultural Expression
- Directly support U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations, such as cultural property protection agreements;
- Strengthen capacity in country to preserve and protect cultural heritage;
- Support the preservation of inscribed World Heritage sites;
- Advance long-term cultural preservation objectives, lay the groundwork for subsequent AFCP-supported activities, or encourage the continued or expanded application of proven methods at the project site or elsewhere; and
- Engage women, youth, or under-served communities.
The AFCP does not have a limit on the maximum amount of funding an embassy can request, though most embassies request amounts in the $10,000 to $100,000 range. The minimum amount an embassy can request is $10,000.
- U.S. ambassadors in eligible countries may apply for support on behalf of qualified entities. “Qualified entities” as defined by the AFCP program are reputable and accountable non‐ governmental organizations (NGOs), museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations that are able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage in collaboration with the national cultural authority in the host country.
- The AFCP program uses the United Nations Human Development Index (HDI) as a guide in determining eligibility. The HDI is an international index composed from per‐capita GDP and other statistical data collected by the U.N. Development Programme. Generally speaking, countries with an HDI rank below 51 are eligible to participate.
- Only non‐governmental organizations (NGOs), museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions are eligible to apply for AFCP support.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit AFCP 2017.