Deadline: 28 February 2020
The Youth Fund “We Have a Say” for local youth organisations (hereinafter referred to as: Youth Fund) is an activity within the regional project “Regional Youth Compact for Europe” (RYCE), a three-year project implemented by 14 partners from the Western Balkans, Turkey and the EU.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The partners of the RYCE are: Center for Democracy Foundation (Belgrade), European Association for Local Democracy ALDA (France), ALDA Skopje, Local Democracy Agency, Subotica, Local Democracy Agency Niksic, Local Democracy Agency Mostar, Local Democracy Agency Prijedor, Local Democracy Agency of Kosovo, Local Democracy Agency Central and Southern Serbia, Knjazevac, Local Democracy Agency Zavidovici, Local Democracy Agency Albania, CRTA (Belgrade), Youth Act Center (Tirana), and SODEM (Turkey).
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The overall objective of the Call for Project Proposals is the improvement and development of participatory youth policies and enhancement of local democracy in communities of Western Balkans through support to local youth organisations fostering active citizenship and participation of young people at the local level.
Specific objectives of the Call:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- To strengthen the capacities of youth from targeted communities for active citizenship and participation in the life of their communities, and particularly in policy and decisionmaking processes;
- To increase inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities in local activities promoting youth participation;
- To increase focus of public authorities in targeted communities on the needs of youth in policy-making and decision-making processes;
- To promote the EU standards of active citizenship towards achieving equality, inclusive growth and tolerance of diversity.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amount:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- minimum amount: 3,000 EUR
- maximum amount: 6,000 EUR
Eligible Projects (actions)
Projects for which an application may be made are as follows:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Projects in support to empowerment of youth and social inclusion of marginalized groups of youth;
- Projects promoting dialogue between young people and local institutions and/or local authorities;
- Projects promoting youth participation in policy/decision making at local level;
- Advocacy and lobbying Projects in favour of better position of youth in local community;
- Projects in support to participation of youth in implementing local social, economic development or cultural policies;
- Projects in support to promotion of human/minority rights in local community, intercultural dialogue and understanding;
- Projects supporting cultural participation and intercultural dialogue among youth
- Promoting inter-generational dialogue and solidarity;
- Projects promoting social cohesion and inclusive development.
The following types of action are ineligible:
- Actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences and congresses;
- Actions concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
- Actions essentially focused on construction activities, purchase of equipment, purchase and/or renovation of building or offices;
- Actions aiming predominantly at charitable donations and profit making activities;
- Actions which are already funded by other EU programmes and undertaken before the date of contract signature.
Types of Activity
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
An exhaustive list of types of activity, which may be financed under this call:
- Local capacity building and awareness raising projects in support to youth participation in monitoring reforms, in promoting rule of law and EU values, in civil dialogue with local stakeholders;
- Organising local public events, debates, workshops, seminars;
- Conducting research work and local public surveys;
- Creation of products promoting youth participation – exhibitions, film/video materials or similar;
- Advocacy activities.
- In order to be eligible to receive the grant within the Youth Fund the applicant must:
- Be a legal entity registered in one of the following: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia;
- Be non-profit making, in accordance with relevant legislation in the place of registration;
- Be a civil-society organisation active in work with youth (proved by the Statute and list and summary of previous projects and activities during the last two years);
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the work plan, not acting as an intermediary;
- Has not been the beneficiary of EU funding as a lead applicant in the past 2 years (coapplicants in projects supported by the EU are accepted);
- Has an annual turnover of up to 10.000 EUR.
For more information, visit http://www.alda-balkan-youth.eu/News/youth-fund-e2809cwe-have-a-saye2809d-call-for-proposals-98199