Deadline: 28 February 2020
The Youth Fund “We Have a Say” for local youth organisations (hereinafter referred to as: Youth Fund) is an activity within the regional project “Regional Youth Compact for Europe” (RYCE), a three-year project implemented by 14 partners from the Western Balkans, Turkey and the EU.
The partners of the RYCE are: Center for Democracy Foundation (Belgrade), European Association for Local Democracy ALDA (France), ALDA Skopje, Local Democracy Agency, Subotica, Local Democracy Agency Niksic, Local Democracy Agency Mostar, Local Democracy Agency Prijedor, Local Democracy Agency of Kosovo, Local Democracy Agency Central and Southern Serbia, Knjazevac, Local Democracy Agency Zavidovici, Local Democracy Agency Albania, CRTA (Belgrade), Youth Act Center (Tirana), and SODEM (Turkey).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The overall objective of the Call for Project Proposals is the improvement and development of participatory youth policies and enhancement of local democracy in communities of Western Balkans through support to local youth organisations fostering active citizenship and participation of young people at the local level.
Specific objectives of the Call:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- To strengthen the capacities of youth from targeted communities for active citizenship and participation in the life of their communities, and particularly in policy and decisionmaking processes;
- To increase inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities in local activities promoting youth participation;
- To increase focus of public authorities in targeted communities on the needs of youth in policy-making and decision-making processes;
- To promote the EU standards of active citizenship towards achieving equality, inclusive growth and tolerance of diversity.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amount:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- minimum amount: 3,000 EUR
- maximum amount: 6,000 EUR
Eligible Projects (actions)
Projects for which an application may be made are as follows:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Projects in support to empowerment of youth and social inclusion of marginalized groups of youth;
- Projects promoting dialogue between young people and local institutions and/or local authorities;
- Projects promoting youth participation in policy/decision making at local level;
- Advocacy and lobbying Projects in favour of better position of youth in local community;
- Projects in support to participation of youth in implementing local social, economic development or cultural policies;
- Projects in support to promotion of human/minority rights in local community, intercultural dialogue and understanding;
- Projects supporting cultural participation and intercultural dialogue among youth
- Promoting inter-generational dialogue and solidarity;
- Projects promoting social cohesion and inclusive development.
The following types of action are ineligible:
- Actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences and congresses;
- Actions concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
- Actions essentially focused on construction activities, purchase of equipment, purchase and/or renovation of building or offices;
- Actions aiming predominantly at charitable donations and profit making activities;
- Actions which are already funded by other EU programmes and undertaken before the date of contract signature.
Types of Activity
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
An exhaustive list of types of activity, which may be financed under this call:
- Local capacity building and awareness raising projects in support to youth participation in monitoring reforms, in promoting rule of law and EU values, in civil dialogue with local stakeholders;
- Organising local public events, debates, workshops, seminars;
- Conducting research work and local public surveys;
- Creation of products promoting youth participation – exhibitions, film/video materials or similar;
- Advocacy activities.
- In order to be eligible to receive the grant within the Youth Fund the applicant must:
- Be a legal entity registered in one of the following: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia;
- Be non-profit making, in accordance with relevant legislation in the place of registration;
- Be a civil-society organisation active in work with youth (proved by the Statute and list and summary of previous projects and activities during the last two years);
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the work plan, not acting as an intermediary;
- Has not been the beneficiary of EU funding as a lead applicant in the past 2 years (coapplicants in projects supported by the EU are accepted);
- Has an annual turnover of up to 10.000 EUR.
For more information, visit http://www.alda-balkan-youth.eu/News/youth-fund-e2809cwe-have-a-saye2809d-call-for-proposals-98199