Deadline: 1 June 2016
The ERA-Net Project ARIMNet2 (Coordination of Agricultural Research In the Mediterranean), is launching a Joint Transnational Call (JTC) for research projects that aims at coordinating National Agricultural Research Programmes to strengthen the capacities of its partners to address in a coordinated way the major challenges that the Mediterranean agriculture is facing.
- Promoting sustainable agriculture for socio-economic development.
- Valorising local products through food value chains improvement.
- Integrated approaches to address complex challenges linking technical and socio-economic issues
- Improved soil and water quality and agronomic practices with limited input use (e.g. pesticides, chemical fertilisers, energy and water)
- Improved local products and farming systems best suited to Mediterranean conditions
- Diversification and increase of farmers’ incomes through access to new markets
- Innovations along the whole food chain contributing to local development
- The project consortium must involve at least three (3) countries from the ARIMNet2 countries participating in the call, including at least 1 EU country and 1 non EU country (mentioned below).
- Additional researchers from other institutions /countries are welcome in a Project Consortium, but will have to fund their own contribution to the research project.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Malta, Morocco, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia, and Turkey.
For more information, please visit Call for Research Proposals.