Deadline: 25 August 2016
National Research Foundation (NRF) is seeking proposals for its BRICS Multilateral Joint Science and Technology Research Collaboration. The projects will be supported for a period of three years (projects starting January 2017 and ending December 2019).
- To support excellent research in specified research fields identified by the BRICS partners through a multinational approach
- To provide an opportunity for emerging researchers in the BRICS countries to meet and interact
- To support the advancement of basic research
- To contribute meaningfully to research capacity development
- Biotechnology and biomedicine including human health and neuroscience
- Geospatial technology and its applications
- Information technologies and high performance computing
- Material science including nanotechnology
- New and renewable energy, and energy efficiency
- Ocean and polar science and technology
- Prevention and monitoring of natural disasters
- Water resources and pollution treatment
- This call is open to working researchers residing in South Africa and affiliated with a recognised higher education or research institution such as a university, university of technology or science council. The South African applicant must be in possession of a PhD.
- A multi-institutional/ consortia approach will be preferred. Therefore, applicants are allowed to collaborate with other partners such as NGOs or companies. However, the NGO and industry participants are expected to meet their participation costs in the joint project.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: South Africa
For more information, please visit BRICS Multilateral Joint Call.