Deadline: 21 July 2016
Save the Children and Terre des hommes have jointly announced a call for proposals for “Civil Society in Action for Protection of Child Rights in Albania” in order to empower civil society organizations and community based organizations active in protection of the rights of the child by ensuring a higher level of their effectiveness, inclusiveness, and pro-activeness through effective funding.
- To contribute to the protection of the rights of the child in Albania
- Strengthen the role of civil society in the protection of the rights of the child in Albania with particular focus on rural and remote areas
- Monitoring the implementation of child rights; preventative and protective community based services;
- Provision of specialized services for children victims of sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking;
- Accountability mechanism in case management;
- Advocacy at local and national level for child rights implementation;
- Awareness raising and communication plan at the local level involving community and youth groups in partnership with the responsible state institutions;
- Support the implementation through outreach work to reach targeted children, ensuring access and referral to public and non-public services, and meeting their emotional, physical and social development needs
Size of Grants
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Small sub-grants (5,000-10,000 EUR)
- Large sub-grants (20,000-30,000 EUR)
Projects are encouraged to be implemented in rural and remote areas in Albania.
- The target groups of the project are Civil Society Organizations, community based groups, youth groups, activists as well as citizens’ initiatives, professional groups and community based service providers working for and with children.
- There are three sets of eligibility criteria, relating to:
- The actors: The applicant, i.e. the entity submitting the application form
- The project: Projects for which a sub grant may be awarded
- The costs: types of cost that may be taken into account in setting the amount of the grant
- The potential applicants can be CSOs that fulfil the administrative criteria as follows:
- The Civil Society in Action for Protection of Child Rights in Albania
- Guidelines for the Sub-Grants Scheme (SGS), Save the Children
- Court Registration Act in Albania;
- Founding Act of the organization;
- Statute of the organization;
- Registration at an Albanian tax office, NIPT;
- Organization registered, situated and acting in the territory of Albania;
- Organization’s CV
- Latest financial statements of the organization (only for large grants).
- The results of the vetting review
How to Apply
Applicants must prepare and deliver their application in English language via given website.
Eligible Country: Albania
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.