Deadline: 31 October 2017
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania is currently inviting applicants to submit concepts and applications for the implementation of projects under the Development Cooperation and Democracy Promotion Programme in 2018.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls for submission of CONCEPTS for the implementation of administrative and institutional capacity building projects in the Eastern Partnership region, supporting the implementation of reforms in the countries, parties to the EU Association Agreement, with a particular emphasis on the areas of fight against corruption, strengthening public administration, legal sector, gender mainstreaming, taxes, banking, transport, energy, environmental protection, budget planning and control.
The total amount earmarked for all these projects in 2018 is EUR 100,000. The Central Project Management Agency (CPMA) will administer projects.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls for submission of PROJECT APPLICATIONS for the implementation of the following concepts:
- Republic of Armenia (The Central Project Management Agency (CPMA) will administer projects):
- Promoting social and economic activity in the regions of Armenia.
- Republic of Azerbaijan (CPMA will administer projects):
- Promoting social and economic activity in the regions of Azerbaijan.
- Republic of Belarus (CPMA will administer projects):
- Georgia (CPMA will administer projects):
- Republic of Moldova (CPMA will administer projects):
- Transfer of good practices in the field of adaptation to and mitigation of climate change in Moldova;
- Promoting women’s social and economic activity in Moldova;
- Sharing Lithuanian experience for successful regional development in Moldova.
- Ukraine (CPMA will administer projects):
- Support for education in the areas affected by the conflict in Eastern Ukraine;
- Regional development in Ukraine by strengthening partnership between municipal institutions and local communities;
- Assistance for Ukraine in the field of psychosocial rehabilitation;
- Support for Ukrainian citizens affected by the annexation of Crimea and the conflict in Eastern Ukraine;
- Capacity building in the field of Ukraine’s historical and cultural heritage preservation.
- Eastern Partnership Region:
- Strengthening of analytical and independent media in the Eastern Partnership countries (CPMA will administer projects);
- Enhancing the efficiency of legislature in the Eastern Partnership countries (CPMA will administer projects);
- Dissemination of independent information and strengthening of democratic processes in the Eastern Partnership countries by sharing Lithuanian experience (Ministry of Foreign Affairs will administer projects);
- Strengthening partnership with business for achieving United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2030 (CPMA will administer projects);
- Strengthening the coordination and mutual cooperation in the implementation of Association Agreements between the European Union and Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine (CPMA will administer projects).
- Migration origin, transit and destination countries and regions (CPMA will administer projects):
- Lithuania’s support for migration countries in the Middle East region in the field of education;
- Support for creating jobs in the Republic of Mali to stop illegal migration.
- Public education and awareness about development cooperation projects (CPMA will administer projects):
- Documentary Film Festival on the development cooperation theme.
- Youth education on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 and promotion of volunteering.
A total of EUR 623,500 will be allocated to these projects in 2018.
While evaluating submitted concepts and applications for projects, attention will be paid to the horizontal priorities of development cooperation:
- Strengthening Democracy and Human Rights
- Promotion of Gender Equality
- Promotion of Women’s Social and Economic Engagement
- Environmental Protection
- Fight against Climate change
Particular attention will be paid to the way the project transfers Lithuania’s European integration experience to the Eastern Partnership countries and disseminates the above-mentioned experience in the regions undergoing transformation.
Lithuanian and foreign legal persons, organizations, their subdivisions, and individuals are invited to submit concepts according to the established form and applications according to the established forms for projects, in Lithuanian or English, together with required attachments.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.