Deadline: 21 April 2017
Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland – ASB, Macedonian Helsinki Committee – MHC (Macedonia), and Novi Sad Humanitarian Centre – NSHC (Serbia) are seeking proposals for its program entitled “Granting and Training for Strengthening Capacities of CSOs Providing Assistance in Migrant’s Human Rights in Serbia and Macedonia”.
The Programme aims to improve the efficiency of work of the 20 local CSOs providing assistance to migrants, since, as working directly with them, they are in a perfect position to identify, possibly document and independently report on the human rights violations, and/or to assist in protection of their human rights.
- The Overall objective of the Grant and Training Programme is to develop capacities of CSOs to enable and improve results in migrants’ human rights protection.
- The Specific objectives of the Programme is to strengthen capacities of CSOs which are providing assistance in migrants’ human rights protection through financial support, training and networking support in their operations.
- CSOs have strengthened their capacities to identify, document and report on human rights violations.
- CSOs have strengthened their capacities to provide assistance in migrants’ human rights protection.
- CSOs have strengthened their capacities to monitor the implementation of international human right conventions.
- CSOs are recognized by public authorities and the general public as relevant stakeholders.
- CSOs strengthened their capacities to provide administrative, legal and logistic support to migrants whose human rights have been violated.
- CSOs actively network with relevant stakeholders and apply quick response mechanism in assisting the protection of migrants’ human rights.
- The total budget of the Grants Program amounts to 300,000 EUR, for financing a total of 20 grants in the amount of 15,000 EUR each, of which 15 in Serbia and 5 in Macedonia.
- The period of implementation of the approved projects is 18 months.
- The grant awarded per organization cannot exceed the amount of 15.000 EUR.
In order to be eligible to submit the application and participate in all four Components of the Programme, the applicant must be:
- Legal person and
- Non-profit making and
- Civil-society organization/humanitarian organization which provides assistance to migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers (proved by the Statute and of list and summary of previous projects and activities) and
- Be registered in one of the Programme countries (Macedonia and Serbia) and
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project with, not acting as an intermediary and
- Registered and active for at least one year before the submission deadline.
- Implement their activities on the territory of Serbia or Macedonia, locally or across the country
Applicants can apply for a grant that will be implemented only in their home countries (eg. applicants from Serbia can apply for grants that will be implemented only in Serbia, applicants from Macedonia, can apply for grants that will be implemented only in Macedonia).
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Serbia and Macedonia
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.