Deadline: 16 June 2016
Callaghan Innovation is seeking proposals for its National Science Challenge for Technological Innovation (the Challenge) Seed Projects with an aim to enhance the capacity of New Zealand to use physical sciences and engineering research for economic growth through export-driven innovation in areas of strength and competitive advantage.
- Materials, manufacturing and design
- Sensors, robotics, and automation
- IT, data analytics, and modelling
- Vision Mātauranga (VM)
Each funded Seed Project will receive up to $100,000 per year for a maximum of three years.
- New Zealand based research organisations, with research capability relevant to the mission and objectives and scope and research domains of Science for Technological Innovation.
- Researchers already contracted with SfTI are not eligible.
- The project (or a close variation) cannot be already be funded by MBIE or another funding agency and any parallel application(s) must be declared in the proposal.
- A person can be involved in a maximum of two proposals per year, including a maximum of one as a Principal Investigator.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Note: Successful applicants will be notified in mid-July 2016 and can begin research from August 2016.
Eligible Country: New Zealand
For more information, please visit National Science Challenge.